My journey to a debt free life

in Debt Free Diaries
6.1K replies 319.3K views

Replies

• milannmilann Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that you’ve started calorie counting and lost 1 1/2. I’ve put 2 on and wondering why I paid to go back….but it’s the accountability that’s making me reign it in slightly 😏
    The walking to work when you’re working long hours sounds horrendous for you, especially with your dodgy leg….not surprised you are crashing out. Take care - not long until your next holiday 👍
  • OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Interesting that you’ve started calorie counting and lost 1 1/2. I’ve put 2 on and wondering why I paid to go back….but it’s the accountability that’s making me reign it in slightly 😏
    The walking to work when you’re working long hours sounds horrendous for you, especially with your dodgy leg….not surprised you are crashing out. Take care - not long until your next holiday 👍
    It's helping with portion control😊it's no good telling me that pasta is a free food and then hoping I will naturally limit myself, I can put away lots of pasta in one sitting 😀this way I feel like I have a bit more control,it also does away with healthy extras and syns,if it's in my calorie allowance I can eat it what ever it is. I like having a sandwich for my lunch but on SW I was using too many syns on the bread, now I can have a sandwich and work it into my allowance. I have switched to wholemeal bread too so I'm getting more fibre
    The walking to work isn't ideal but needs must at the moment 😟 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,316 Now Owed = £13,301.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Walked to work yesterday so that was an hours exercise. Work was work 🤷‍♀️ I also walked back into town after my shift because I don't trust the bus to turn up, I waited 45 last Sunday for a bus into town,walking is 25 minutes so I walked and clocked up a total of 85 minutes of exercise. My leg complained walking to work but was ok on the way back, I did spend the last hour of my shift sitting down so that helped 

Today I have been at home. It's rained nearly all day but I have managed to get some washing done plus cleaned the bathroom and hoovered the house. I took B up to the field for a walk in the morning so 40 minutes of exercise plus tonights walk and walking to and from SW is another 45 minutes so another 85 minutes of exercise today 🏅

I lost another pound this week so have now lost 9lbs 🎉🎉 Im pretty chuffed with this and will hopefully be at target before Christmas I've got 7.5lbs to lose to get back to my SW target but I like to go 3lbs under so 10.5lbs to lose in total to get to 9st 7lbs😊

I also did some banking today mainly because it was payday and we have had our pay rise,I can't access my payslip at home so have to check my bank to see how much I've been paid. I have moved DDs keep over to the Xmas money pot so that's now done ready for Christmas . I also moved some money over into the house fund because I still have quite a few jobs that need doing so I need to build that up again. Now I've sorted the Christmas savings I will put any spare money into the house fund. My new payment for SC will go out on the first, I have increased it to £90 a month and am thinking about putting it up again to £100 but will wait to see how much my wages have gone up by first. I'm off to change my signature now 
    House Fund = £700
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Losing lbs and gaining ££ :) Sounds like a good combination to me. :)

Well done on the exercise too.
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 39.5 coupons c/f from 2020 + 66 coupons this year. 46 remaining as of 21st November.
    Toiletries used up 5/176.
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    14.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on both pounds results 🥳 A neighbour got to goal with WW by never actually following the plan as she didn’t have a clue how many points were in anything, she just calorie counted and went to the weigh-ins. 
    Christmas Savings 2021 £608.95/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    November NSD: 10/12
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Losing lbs and gaining ££ :) Sounds like a good combination to me. :)

Well done on the exercise too.
    Thanks Cherry 😊
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on both pounds results 🥳 A neighbour got to goal with WW by never actually following the plan as she didn’t have a clue how many points were in anything, she just calorie counted and went to the weigh-ins. 
    Thanks,I'm just fed up with all the different things you have to remember with SW, with CC I just have to keep score 😀
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worked my late shift today and it was actually ok 🎉🎉 I did get soaked going to work though and didn't get home until 9.25 despite leaving at 8pm because the bus didn't turn up. If it's not chucking it down on Thursday I think I will walk into town to get my second bus.

I have today discovered another podcast that is really funny, it's called I Secretly Recorded My Boyfriend and is so funny I burst out laughing on the bus 😂 it's not for the easily offended because of the language but that doesn't bother me. I will be listening while I'm walking.
    One of my work mates has given me a link to a lady who does Pilates videos on YouTube, she had a similar problem to me with her leg and she said Pilates helped so I'm going to have a go at them. I can get YouTube on my TV so will try it on there, I might need to get an exercise mat though now I haven't got carpets anymore

Tomorrow I'm going food shopping because I need veg to go with food I already have. We are eating everything in the freezer to clear it out for defrosting then we will do an online shop. I'm planning on walking into town if it's not chucking it down. I was supposed to be meeting my friend for coffee but we have rearranged that for Friday now, my poor friends mum died last week so she is off work at the moment, I haven't seen her for three weeks so it will be nice to catch up 

The other job for tomorrow is to give the 🐓🐓a good clean out ,they need completely new bedding in their house so I need to buy sawdust in town as well as food 
    House Fund = £700
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pilates and yoga can really help with muscle issues, but do take care to not overstretch. A mat will be better than just the floor or towel on the floor. @rgos do them at a decent price. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pilates and yoga can really help with muscle issues, but do take care to not overstretch. A mat will be better than just the floor or towel on the floor. @rgos do them at a decent price. 
    Thanks I will definitely need a mat, my daughter did have one so I'm going to check with her before I go spending any money 😊
    House Fund = £700