My journey to a debt free life

in Debt Free Diaries
6.1K replies 319.3K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very tired today after a busy day at work yesterday. I did sleep in until 10 am this morning because I just couldn't wake up.
    I've been to meet my friend for coffee today and she was better than I thought she would be, her mums funeral is on Wednesday so that will be a tough day 😟 I walked along the river to meet her so got some exercise in today, I will also have done two dog walks as well so a good effort for today 🏅  
    I tried a vegan bacon roll in Costa and it was ok,it looked yucky but tasted nice and filled me up so tonight I'm just having beans on toast for tea,I don't really fancy anything else. I'm cooking a potato to take to work tomorrow with some cheese and will just have a sandwich for my other meal as I'm on a long day. Since I've come home I've not felt too good, I keep feeling like I'm getting a cold and my chest is really wheezy,I am also getting a cough so I hope I'm not getting another chest infection. I did a LFT test and it was negative and we also have to do what's called a lamp test before every shift now  and that was normal too so it's not covid thank god 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,316 Now Owed = £13,301.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
  • Willowtree222Willowtree222 Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    What’s a lamp test?  
    Sorry you’re not feeling so good. Hopefully it will pass without causing you any discomfort x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • edited 1 October at 4:16PM
    OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 October at 4:16PM
    What’s a lamp test?  
    Sorry you’re not feeling so good. Hopefully it will pass without causing you any discomfort x
    A lamp test is a covid test that is done on saliva,instead of sticking a stick up your nose you have to provide a sample of your saliva in a test tube that then goes off o be analysed 
    Apparently it's as affective as a PCR test in detecting covid in people with no symptoms 
    House Fund = £700
  • milannmilann Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet the walking to work is helping with the weightloss as well as the calorie counting- well done on 9 lb. I dread to think what my weigh in will be on Wednesday. I’ve had a lovely few days with my dd and eaten very healthily but she uses olive oil……I’ve had several meals out and birthday chocolates. I’ve done a fair bit of walking but I’ll be gobsmacked if I stay the same 🤞
    I imagine the Pilates will help but be careful not to do too much. Any news when you see the physio?
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    I bet the walking to work is helping with the weightloss as well as the calorie counting- well done on 9 lb. I dread to think what my weigh in will be on Wednesday. I’ve had a lovely few days with my dd and eaten very healthily but she uses olive oil……I’ve had several meals out and birthday chocolates. I’ve done a fair bit of walking but I’ll be gobsmacked if I stay the same 🤞
    I imagine the Pilates will help but be careful not to do too much. Any news when you see the physio?
    Hopefully it won't be too bad for you on Wednesday, I dot mind a gain so long as I know why and I enjoyed myself gaining it 😀I use oil for cooking, I tried frylight but don't like it .
    I haven't started the Pilates yet so I'm not sure what it's like but she does ten minute routines and some chair based ones so I will try those first, my physio appointment is on the 20th of this month 
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woke up yesterday feeling ok again 🤷‍♀️I don't know what's going on with my chest but I used my preventer inhaler that they gave me last year and that seems to have helped with the wheezyness 
    Work was ok and the day went by quite fast 🎉🎉

Today I didn't get up until 10.30 which was lovely then DD suggested taking B down to the river for her walk because it was sunny.
    I went off for a shower and remembered it's October and dogs are allowed on the beach now so I suggested we went to the beach instead. B loves the beach and it's only 30 minutes on the train so not too long to get there. It did however rain quite badly on the way to the station so we got a bit soggy, we did dry off on the train and had a lovely walk right from one end of the beach to the other. We weren't so lucky with the rain on the way back though,it absolutely hammered down when we were coming back up the beach with some hail thrown in too, we had to run for cover and wait it out for a bit but by then our legs and feet were soaked 😀 it was a lovely walk listening to the waves crashing on the shore though and B was like a puppy running around. Altogether we were walking for about 2 hours so hopefully that will have burnt off the lemon drizzle cake we bought in the cafe 😬

We came home and I have spent my evening planning my Christmas decorations. I told DD about my idea for a Pom Pom Garland and she is up for making some so we are going to go with that idea, I will need to buy the wool but once made they will last for years. I then did something very dangerous and stupid and went on a big craft stores website ........ oh dear the temptation was almost too much, I had £21 worth of bits in my basket before I knew what I was doing. They have these wooden Christmas scene decorations that you paint yourself for £2 each that looked lovely,then I saw the wooden house advent calendar that I've wanted for years that you paint yourself 😍😍 be still my beating heart 😀......I am glad to say I came to my senses and deleted them all before I could get my card out of my purse........ this time....... I still want that advent house and it would be a family heirloom wouldn't it 😬
    House Fund = £700
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
     I saw the wooden house advent calendar that I've wanted for years that you paint yourself 😍😍 be still my beating heart 😀......I am glad to say I came to my senses and deleted them all before I could get my card out of my purse........ this time....... I still want that advent house and it would be a family heirloom wouldn't it 😬
    I think that may be this year's version of the one I made as a gift a few years ago! I enjoyed doing it, too... perhaps someone would give it as an early Christmas present? They go out of stock well before Christmas, unfortunately.
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 39.5 coupons c/f from 2020 + 66 coupons this year. 46 remaining as of 21st November.
    Toiletries used up 5/176.
  • milannmilann Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds as if you resist temptation better than I do. I was in town at physio today and purposely didn’t walk to the end of town with big chain craft shop…..I know I wouldn’t have been able to resist if I’d gone in 😂😂😂
  • WinterWarriorWinterWarrior Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I want an advent house to paint now… 😮
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    Christmas 2022 savings pot - £35 /£600 target
    premium bonds - £1500 /£4000 target
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
     I saw the wooden house advent calendar that I've wanted for years that you paint yourself 😍😍 be still my beating heart 😀......I am glad to say I came to my senses and deleted them all before I could get my card out of my purse........ this time....... I still want that advent house and it would be a family heirloom wouldn't it 😬
    I think that may be this year's version of the one I made as a gift a few years ago! I enjoyed doing it, too... perhaps someone would give it as an early Christmas present? They go out of stock well before Christmas, unfortunately.
    Loads of the Christmas stuff was already out of stock. I'm still tempted but the advent house so might treat myself 😊
    House Fund = £700