in Debt Free Diaries
6.1K replies 319.6K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Hope you get the physio appointment through quickly.
    Thanks Milann, I don't think my GP will beat the service at work to be honest so will probably end up doing that, it will be a bonus if they can see me before the end of October 😊
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,316 Now Owed = £13,301.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jobs done today include changing my bed and cleaning the bathroom. I also cleaned out the 🐓🐓but managed to drop their feeder which promptly shattered spilling food and broken bits of plastic all over their run. I did get it all cleaned up eventually and found a spare feeder in the shed so I have sorted the problem without spending any money. I think the plastic must have gone brittle in all the heat we have had because I've dropped one before and they usually  just bounce 🤷‍♀️

I lost half half a pound at SW and was pleased with that, I would have liked to get to my half stone but haven't had a great week food wise so I'm happy with the half. I haven't got any social things coming up before next weeks weigh in so I'm determined to lose that pound this week. I told my consultant last week that I want to be at target again by Christmas and I should really be able to achieve that.
    I'm a bit sad about my lack of walking at the moment and I'm hoping to do more as the week goes on. I am still walking to the station in the mornings when I'm working but haven't been able to walk home after work. I have walked up and down my hill three times today though so that's better than nothing,I took B out twice which was for 15 minutes each time around the block then I walked there and back to my meeting which is 30 minutes. I'm happy with my 6.5 lb weight loss in 6 weeks though and I also bought another countdown tonight so next week I will get a free food planner to take me up to Christmas🎉🎉 Im also feeling more relaxed with the people in my group, they are a nice bunch of ladies so that helps, the consultant is lovely but a little prim for me as I'm quite naughty 😂 On my second weigh in she asked me if I was missing anything and just said food everyone laughed but she just changed to subject, I don't think she gets my sense of humour 😀and it's not helped by me listening to the Secret World Of Slimming clubs on the way to and from my meeting 😀

Anyway that's me updated for tonight and I now need to go to bed.My joints are playing up tonight so I'm seeking oblivion via a massive dose of painkillers. Tomorrow I'm working 12 -8 pm so can have a lie in in the morning 🎉🎉
    House Fund = £700
  • WinterWarriorWinterWarrior Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the loss, that’s a great amount overall. I would have laughed…I miss food even when I’m not being that good 😁
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    Christmas 2022 savings pot - £100 /£600 target
    premium bonds - £2000 /£4000 target
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done 👏 My last WW leader was like yours, I used to say some daft things in the meeting. I think she got used to me eventually 😆
    Christmas Savings 2022 £/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    December NSD: 0/10
  • ParkypParkyp Forumite
    609 Posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Are you missing anything - food
    Brilliant response 🤣🤣🤣
  • milannmilann Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My old SW consultant would have probably said that herself about food and often boasted of a 10lb gain after a holiday….which she quoted to help people loose the guilt. This new one hasn’t got the same humour and is much more ‘stern’ - I’d got too comfortable with my previous lady but I do miss her. I wish she had a group earlier in the week but she  does Thursday, Friday and Saturday and I need to keep those days free as we hope to be away should our motorhome ever arrive. Hopefully this stern one will help me get to target…..my old group was in a more ‘well to do’ area whereas this one is let’s say ‘up and coming’ the difference in the meals talked about in group has tickled me….fancy recipes talked about in the last one…..tinned sprouts in this new one 😂😂😂😂 HOWEVER the SOTW basket is always full in this one whereas there was sometimes only a couple of items in the last group……
    Hope your day at work goes quickly for you and that your legs improve. 
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the loss, that’s a great amount overall. I would have laughed…I miss food even when I’m not being that good 😁
    😀I miss food constantly too, I sometimes think my whole reason for living is cake and chocolate 😂
    House Fund = £700
  • edited 15 September at 8:03PM
    OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 September at 8:03PM
    Well done 👏 My last WW leader was like yours, I used to say some daft things in the meeting. I think she got used to me eventually 😆
    I'm not sure mine will get used to me 😀 she is really nice but comes across as quite naive and is very quietly spoken. She is like the nice teacher at school that everyone took advantage of...... or at least I did 🙀😀 I'm also having trouble not bursting out laughing at some of the excuses used for not doing well after listening to some of them on the podcast,last week five different people including me put oranges that had clearly been dragged out the fruit bowl in the slimmer of the week basket. I'm going to set myself a challenge to put some really obscure things in there over the next few weeks, I'm not in danger of winning it so I won't get any of it back 😂😂
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Parkyp said:
    Are you missing anything - food
    Brilliant response 🤣🤣🤣
    I thought so 😂😂
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    My old SW consultant would have probably said that herself about food and often boasted of a 10lb gain after a holiday….which she quoted to help people loose the guilt. This new one hasn’t got the same humour and is much more ‘stern’ - I’d got too comfortable with my previous lady but I do miss her. I wish she had a group earlier in the week but she  does Thursday, Friday and Saturday and I need to keep those days free as we hope to be away should our motorhome ever arrive. Hopefully this stern one will help me get to target…..my old group was in a more ‘well to do’ area whereas this one is let’s say ‘up and coming’ the difference in the meals talked about in group has tickled me….fancy recipes talked about in the last one…..tinned sprouts in this new one 😂😂😂😂 HOWEVER the SOTW basket is always full in this one whereas there was sometimes only a couple of items in the last group……
    Hope your day at work goes quickly for you and that your legs improve. 
    My first leader was stern and had no sense of humour at all, I didn't end up staying at that group because the thought of going made me feel miserable . I joined another group that was actually run by her daughter and it was lovely, I only stopped going because I was looking after my DGS at the same time so it clashed.

Did they mean tinned bean sprouts or Brussels sprouts 🙀.

I have always found that people in shall we say slightly lower income areas are more generous. There are people of wildly varying incomes here where I live but it's the ones who don't have much themselves who have been out helping other families through the pandemic. They have set up community food pantries that anyone can go and help themselves from if they are struggling. One lady has a shed in her front garden, she takes donations of food and collects from the local supermarket and it's all free to collect from her garden. The more well to do neighbours have been conspicuous by their absence 😟

House Fund = £700