6.1K replies 319.5K views

Replies

• edited 7 September at 8:48AM
    milannmilann Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 September at 8:48AM
    Wowsers - great news all round then. 👏👏👏👏 Well done to dd and we’ll done to you for shifting another lb 🥂
    Annnddd well done for tackling the debt head on. 
    No wonder you can’t stop smiling 😁😁😁😁
  • OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been a good week all round this week 😊 I went to meet a friend for coffee today and had a little mooch round town, I didn't buy anything that wasn't on my list though so no unplanned spending today. 
    I hoovered and mopped all my floors when I got home and gave the kitchen a good going over. I also got a load of washing done but it rained nearly all day so it's had to go on the airer in the spare room. 

Found out today that another long term member of staff is leaving, she's been there for 20 years but is moving on to something new, I think me and my friend are rapidly becoming the longest serving members of staff on our ward, both of us have been there for 28 years 🙀🙀 and have worked in our hospital for 29 years on November the 2nd this year. I hated it and was only going to stay until I found something else and now it's like my second home 😀

Im working 9-5 tomorrow in clinics all day so it should be an ok day. DD is going on a last minute adventure to Birmingham tomorrow evening and won't be back until Sunday so I will have the house to myself for a couple of nights. The only downside to this is that I will have to get up a bit earlier on Sunday to walk B before working my long day but it can't be helped 🤷‍♀️

Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,316 Now Owed = £13,301.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just read back over the last few posts and related I didn't update on Wednesday, I could have sworn I had posted last night. I think I'm losing my marbles 😀 

Wednesday saw me taking a trip out into the countryside to visit DD1 and the DGSs. DGS 1 wasn't there because he started school on Tuesday 🙀🙀 still can't believe he is old enough for school. I spent the day at DDs house being entertained by DGS 2 who is a real character and so funny 😍😍 then I went with DD to pick DGS 1 up from school. He looks so cute in his uniform and is really loving school so far so that's good news. His dad too, him on his first day and he said he just went off with the teacher and didn't even look back, I think his dad was a bit sad that he is now going to school but he took it all in his stride 😊
    House Fund = £700
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t like the job I’m in at first. I was sent there by a temping agency after the land and development consultants I worked for closed down. I hated the dark office and the fact there were too many people working there after being used to a light, airy office with 4 employees. 21 years later … 🤣
    Christmas Savings 2022 £/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    November NSD: 12/12
  • milannmilann Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad ther little one enjoyed school. My youngest gdd had tears in her eyes on the photo of er 1 st day and didn’t look happy at all 🥰 but was beaming on a retake of the photos on the 2nd day 😃 Funny how a school uniform transforms them. It sounds as if you had a lovely day 👍
  • Willowtree222Willowtree222 Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a lovely couple of days OBL. 

DD is in year 4 now and I remember that first day like it was yesterday! X
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Glad ther little one enjoyed school. My youngest gdd had tears in her eyes on the photo of er 1 st day and didn’t look happy at all 🥰 but was beaming on a retake of the photos on the 2nd day 😃 Funny how a school uniform transforms them. It sounds as if you had a lovely day 👍
    Awww it's always a bit of a worry if they are upset isn't it, I'm glad she was ok on the second day. DD is wondering of the novelty of school will wear off for DGS when he realises he has to go every day. He is used to going to nursery a few times a week but his other granny used to have him on one day and I think he will miss that, she is going to pick him up after school so he will still see her on the day though 
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a lovely couple of days OBL. 

DD is in year 4 now and I remember that first day like it was yesterday! X
    I remember taking my eldest for her first day but I can't remember taking DD2, I think it might be because when DD1 started school I got the dates wrong so she missed the first day 😀😀
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t like the job I’m in at first. I was sent there by a temping agency after the land and development consultants I worked for closed down. I hated the dark office and the fact there were too many people working there after being used to a light, airy office with 4 employees. 21 years later … 🤣
    Glad it's not just me. I always say I don't like change so that's why I'm still there. In reality although I do moan about my job and it can be very stressful I do like it most of the time. I like doing shifts and the flexibility of that and the biggest draw is 8 weeks of holiday a year 😊
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good day at work yesterday that was slightly spoiled by my leg throbbing all day, it's been awful today and possibly made worse because I went into town to meet my mum,we looked a right pair hobbling round today. We still managed to have a nice lunch and had a little look round the shops,mum wanted a photo frame and we found one in Next in the end, she really struggled today and got a taxi home in the end instead of the bus 😟 

I have received another email from SC saying they are going to stop my DMP in October if I don't do my review so I have sent them a terse reply back saying that I have actually done my review and have my new plan in my inbox to prove it. I told them that I feel like they are harassing me for no good reason and that I have had less hassle from my actual creditors. I'm still in two minds whether to go self managed, I'm definitely going to look into it.

Im working a long day tomorrow, it was busy on the ward on Friday but I'm not sure what it's like now. I had a bit of a panic because I couldn't get a taxi booked as they were all fully booked,the company I usually use is short of drivers so they couldn't do it. I put a message on my wards FB page and one of my colleagues who lives down the road is working so is going to give me a lift. I thought I was going to end up walking all the way there 🙀🙀

Im off on Monday so will be chilling out. I also have a phone appointment with a GP about my leg, I'm not sure if there's anything they will do apart from refer me for physio 
    House Fund = £700