My journey to a debt free life

in Debt Free Diaries
6.3K replies 329.2K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet you’ll have a ball on the day even if you can’t do it, just laughing! 

You’ve done loads in the house, sounds like it is coming on greatly. X
    We will definitely have a laugh 😀 The House is looking really good, I keep meaning to take some photos but just haven't got round to it yet 😊
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,316 Now Owed = £13,301.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just having my lunch break then I'm off into the loft to do an unplanned for job. I have my deckchairs in the hall and I think it might be time now to put them away 😫😫the weather today is cold grey and windy and I don't think we are going to get warm enough weather now to warrant  sitting in the garden. The flooring guys also left me a half full pack of laminate and some spare carpet so I'm putting that up there as well, I wanted to keep the carpet in case any of it gets damaged on the stairs because I could use it to replace a damaged tread or two,I'm also thinking if I buy another pack of laminate at some point I could have it in the spare room which is only a box room so wouldn't need much. I reckon I could do that myself with the help of YouTube 😀

Another job I have for today is to clean out the 🐓🐓run and top up their supplies. I'm worming them today which involves mixing a powder into 2kgs of their food then keeping them locked in the run for 7 days until they have eaten it all. They are not allowed any other food during this time so can't come out in the garden or have any treats, they are going to hate it but it needs doing. One of them has some weird symptoms that could be caused by a parasite so I'm hoping this will get rid of whatever is wrong with her, the vets gave me antibiotics but they haven't made any difference

Right I had better crack on 😊 
    House Fund = £700
  • milannmilann Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do like hearing about your chickens….I’d never even thought about having to worm a hen 😳😳😳
    Enjoy the new craft shop in town…..hopefully you won’t follow in my footsteps of buying more than you actually craft 😂😂😂
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    15K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t be too hasty putting your deckchairs away, apparently it’s going to warm up next week. Having said that, still waiting for that predicted heatwave that never materialised 😐
    Christmas Savings 2022 £92.04/£600
    Emergency Fund £6000/£10,000
    January NSD: 12/15
  • WinterWarriorWinterWarrior Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m with @milann on buying more craft than I can craft…and don’t get me started on the sweets by the tills 😬
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    Christmas 2022 savings pot - £233/£600 target
    premium bonds - £2500 /£4000 target.
    Tilly Tidy to mortgage for 2022 = £66.10
  • Willowtree222Willowtree222 Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got an endless supply of wool but then see. To buy more having not made anything with the previous supply I bought 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stashers anonymous: my name is Cherryfudge and I have a stash of yarn and UFOs! Studying yarn websites made me realise I am walking right into the trap set out for me, it's designed to appeal to the buyer though some of it is actually fabulous when made into something.

I do have two jumpers and various embroideries on the go but at least the jumpers are making progress.
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 39.5 coupons c/f from 2020 + 66 coupons this year. 43 remaining as of 22nd December.
    Toiletries used up 15/176.
  • foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here with the yarn stash but I AM knitting it up, as have promised some items to a charity stall next month.
    F
    "Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only the moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake".
    Sir Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626 (Philosopher & statesman)
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    I do like hearing about your chickens….I’d never even thought about having to worm a hen 😳😳😳
    Enjoy the new craft shop in town…..hopefully you won’t follow in my footsteps of buying more than you actually craft 😂😂😂
    The 🐓🐓are not happy today because they can see I'm at home and don't know why they can't come out in the garden, I heard some angry muttering earlier so I presume they were complaining about me 😀
    The new craft shop is out on an industrial estate so I would need to make a real effort to get there, it's enough to put off the visit at the moment 😀
    House Fund = £700
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t be too hasty putting your deckchairs away, apparently it’s going to warm up next week. Having said that, still waiting for that predicted heatwave that never materialised 😐
    Im going to have to get them down again today because I think we might have the predicted heatwave now 😀just typical and I know if I had left them out it would probably be raining now 😀
    House Fund = £700