My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Options
    Curlysue12 wrote: »
    Hi, Ive signed you to a dmp with stepchange and now having read all the post about lloyds realised that might not be the right course. Most of my debt is with lloyds and im sure they wont stop the interest as other have experienced. Would it be better to only make a token payment and let them send the debt to collectors and how long will it take? I hear debt collectors will freeze interest so might be better than trying to go for years writing to lloyds.
    Hi Curleysue
    I'm not too sure about the ins and outs of Lloyd's bank and DMPs but I can say that I whkxnt worry too much,some creditors are less inclined to stop interest than others but you can contact them yourself to ask them to, I know SC don't tend to press creditors to stop interest but I can say having a DMP with them is usually a really good idea,it has literally saved my sanity and my life
    I'm not very experianced in the different ways banks behave while baking paid via a DMP so I would post on the DMP Mutual Support Thread,there are lots of people who can advise you on there and also quite a lot of people who have dealings with Lloyd's,I never banked with them so I don't know what they are like
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hope you feel ok today OBL and work isn't too tough xx
    Work was very quiet,so quiet in fact that they let me take some AL and come home four hours early:j
    This cold is weird,I felt awful this morning but got better as the day went on,I still have a sore throat and a slight headache but I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday,hopefully my immune system has kicked it's butt:rotfl:
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    My goodness, nothing's safe in your house! :D If it were me those things would still be gathering dust.

I hope the echinacea helps. Plenty of fluid too... get well soon.

It's getting worse,I've just spent most of my day at work decluttering the ward:rotfl:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You've really got the decluttering bug, you'd better nail down the dog, cat and chickens :rotfl:.

I hope you get over your lurgy soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    My lurgy is finally here properly. All bunged up and coughing. Hope your holds off.

My decluttering has stopped completely. Just not up to it.

Oh no,I hope you feel better soon, forget about declutterig if you're poorly,I can't make my mind up if I'm actually developing a cold or not,one minute I feel terrible then the next I feel ok again,I've a feeling it's going to get me over the next couple of days but I'm hopeful it won't come to anything
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    You've really got the decluttering bug, you'd better nail down the dog, cat and chickens :rotfl:.

I hope you get over your lurgy soon.

The dog and the cat are avoiding me and the chickens are ok because they are laying again, well one of them is so I don't know who to casserole so they are both safe:rotfl:
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    You are really on one with decluttering, aren't you?

I wish I had your drive, I need to declutter the drawers with toys in, but do not have the time or energy to do it. It always feels so overwhelming.

Hope you're feeling better with the cold though. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Well despite not feeling at all tired when I went to bed last night I actually slept quite well,I didn't feel too good when I got to work but thankfully it was a nice day and I felt better as the day went on,I had AL owing me and it was very quiet so they let me go home early which was good news,I still walked back into town to get the bus because I felt like I needed some fresh air and I think the walk did me good

I also managed to do some decluttering even though I wasn't at home,the ward has got very untidy over the last few weeks so we had a big clear out today and got rid of loads of bits that have been hanging around,it looked lovely when I left

I grabbed some bits of shopping on the way home so hopefully I won't need to go out tomorrow,since I've been home I've finished reading my library book and chilled out a bit,we have just taken the dog out and I've got some washing on the go

I'm off now until Wednesday when I go back on a late,I'm hoping I will feel perfectly ok by then but we will see
    Tomorrow's plans depend on how I'm feeling in the morning,I want to sort out the bathroom ceiling tomorrow its gone a bit mouldy again but I have some stuff to get rid of it,then I have stuff the paint on to try and smooth it out a bit and then anti mould paint to go on top of that,if I can get it cleaned tomorrow morning I should be able smooth it out in the afternoon,then possibly paint it on Tuesday,I want to get on with it because the new light shade for this room is on the floor in my bedroom and it's getting on my nerves,so the sooner I get it done the sooner I can hang the light shade,the flooring for the bathroom is in the spare room so the next job will be sending and painting the skirting boards and deciding on a colour for the walls,I've had all the bits for this project for about four years but never got round to doing it,putting the new loo roll holder in there has motivated me to get on with it, once the floor is down the spare room will be almost empty which will be a relief
    I just hope I don't feel too ill to do any of it tomorrow, the other jobs I've got in my head if I can't do the bathroom is to make a start on decluttering the kitchen,there is lots in there that can go starting with my massive amount of cutlery,I mean seriously who needs 21 knives :rotfl:
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Ha ha, 21 knives? That's a lot.
    I think I have about 8.

I need to add some new bowls and crockery, not take them away. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 February 2019 at 11:42PM
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    Ha ha, 21 knives? That's a lot.
    I think I have about 8.

I need to add some new bowls and crockery, not take them away. x

I was bored one evening while doing the washing up so I counted my cutlery and I have loads,I think I've got about 20 odd forks and 20 odd teaspoons as well,I honestly don't know where it's all come from ,I don't remember going on a mad cutlery buying spree in the past,I'm whittling them down to six of each:eek: as that is the most people I am likely to have in my house at any one time:D
    I also need to sort out my crockery,I do like it to match but at the moment I have two lots which aren't complete due to breakages,I think I'm going to take a leaf out of DD ex landlady's book and just buy plain white everything next time because as she said it's easy to replace with items that match :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback