Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    colsten said:
    pafpcg said:

Lucky you!  Our local YBS branch (south-east London) will only open new accounts with an appointment! The counter staff reported that their regional manager had visited and told them "appointments only"!  I handed over our completed forms with cheques and they'll ring when the account is set-up and the passbooks ready to collect.
    They obviously didn't get the message....this is from their Regular Saver Issue 3 web page
    Oh, the counter staff were already aware of what the YBS web-site says - when I said that an appointment shouldn't necessary, I was told about the regional manager overriding the policy.  Should I make a formal complaint and claim compensation?  Of  course not!

Two items to add to what I said earlier about our applications submitted yesterday: 
    1.  The accounts were set-up yesterday and we received our passbooks in today's post!  Postmarked "Eastbourne", so must have been processsed non-locally.  A quick check on-line and the accounts were visible with the cheques credited the same day.
    2.  The application forms which can be downloaded in PDF format are editable, so most of the data can be typed-in for better legibility.

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,334 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Should I make a formal complaint and claim compensation?  

I didn't think of that! Silly me.......... :smiley:

• drphila said:
    Anyone thinking of opening a Coventry BS account should note that it cannot be done entirely on-line. You can apply on-line but then you have to wait for the application form to be sent out, sign it and send it back - only then will it be opened.

Why you can't print your completed on-line application, sign it and send it I don't know!

I opened one fully online earlier this week.  
  • ernie-money
    ernie-money Posts: 811 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2020 at 10:50PM
    drphila said:
    Anyone thinking of opening a Coventry BS account should note that it cannot be done entirely on-line. You can apply on-line but then you have to wait for the application form to be sent out, sign it and send it back - only then will it be opened.

Why you can't print your completed on-line application, sign it and send it I don't know!

I opened one fully online earlier this week.  
    Me too.
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • Recalling my past dealings with Coventry, sometimes you can open something online and it is “approved” straight away - on other occasions as has been said, some forms get sent to you for further signing etc.  It may well depend on whether or not you have any past history with them because for a number of years in the past we held various accounts with them all in my wife’s name and when we opened a couple of new accounts recently (one in her name and one in mine), hers got an instant ok and mine went down the “We’ll send you some forms to sign” route - this was despite her not having had an active account with them for 3+ years and also on paper at least, having an inferior credit score to mine.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    xylophone said:
    That sounds dinosaurish. 

I have held a YBS account of one kind or another for years. I popped in to the  branch yesterday to open the RS and was told an appointment was now necessary but the assistant would check whether one was available immediately - which it was.

It still took around twenty minutes but I had time to spare so didn't mind particularly - the service was pleasant I and was offered tea or coffee..... :)

I went in and opened one there and then. I was about to say no to tea or coffee, as I drink neither, then I heard the words ' hot chocolate'. It was a freezing day so I accepted gratefully. 
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • torchie said:
    Recalling my past dealings with Coventry, sometimes you can open something online and it is “approved” straight away - on other occasions as has been said, some forms get sent to you for further signing etc.  It may well depend on whether or not you have any past history with them because for a number of years in the past we held various accounts with them all in my wife’s name and when we opened a couple of new accounts recently (one in her name and one in mine), hers got an instant ok and mine went down the “We’ll send you some forms to sign” route - this was despite her not having had an active account with them for 3+ years and also on paper at least, having an inferior credit score to mine.

I’ve never had any business with them before, maybe it’s to do with how much info they can verify remotely. 
  • vernall
    vernall Posts: 556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    YBS Regular Saver Issue 3 opened really quick even through post......posted my application and cheque Friday lunchtime at village postbox so not collected until 4.45pm. Just checked my online account for Issue 2 and Issue 3 is showing as open and cheque deposited. So less than 2 days and that being over the weekend
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    edited 23 February 2020 at 8:51PM
    test complete
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts