Options

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    schiff said:
    Yorkshire BS Issue 3
    Downloaded the application form to fill in at home and to save time. Sun came out so I decided to go to the branch. Didn't take long, pass-book issued, thank you letter printed off and handed to me, got a copy of the T&Cs by e-mail on returning home. Couldn't have gone better and I missed the rain!

I did much the same today. I have now got issue 2 and issue 3, both with passbook.

• vernall
    vernall Posts: 556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Will both issue 2 and 3 of the Yorkshire Regular Savers be visible on the same online portal? or will it be one set of login in details for issue 2 and another set for issue 3?
  • colsten
    edited 21 February 2020 at 12:27PM
    Options
    I can see both, alongside my other YBS accounts.
  • Every_Penny_Counts
    Every_Penny_Counts Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 February 2020 at 4:45PM
    Options
    colsten said:
    schiff said:
    Yorkshire BS Issue 3
    Downloaded the application form to fill in at home and to save time. Sun came out so I decided to go to the branch. Didn't take long, pass-book issued, thank you letter printed off and handed to me, got a copy of the T&Cs by e-mail on returning home. Couldn't have gone better and I missed the rain!

I did much the same today. I have now got issue 2 and issue 3, both with passbook.

Just returned from my local YBS branch. New account opened within 5 minutes. I know have both issue 2 & 3 with a passbook.
  • Every_Penny_Counts
    Options
    Re Principality BS
    I assume that they also use the standard calender month for deposits?
    For example if I open a regular saver today & deposit the full amount of £500 allowed for this month, I can make my next deposit on the 1st March?
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Wheres_My_Cashback Posts: 4,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 February 2020 at 7:16PM
    Options
    Yes you can deposit at the start of the month, but bear in mind that you can't put a 13th payment in.
  • colsten
    Options
    Re Principality BS
    I assume that they also use the standard calender month for deposits?
    For example if I open a regular saver today & deposit the full amount of £500 allowed for this month, I can make my next deposit on the 1st March?
    The T&Cs do not prohibit this, although March 1 will be a Sunday this year so the effective date is unlikely to be before the 2nd. I have always made my 2nd and subsequent payments into Principality RSs by SO on the first working day of a calendar month.
  • Every_Penny_Counts
    Options
    Excellent, thank you. 
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

schiff said:
    Yorkshire BS Issue 3

Less privacy at the counter so I was able to listen in to the adjacent conversation. An elderly lady in one of these motorised contraptions, she seemed a bit confused about things, there was lots of 'I'm not sure', 'Can't remember' etc and I began to feel a  bit sorry for her; she had nobody with her. Probably not a good idea to butt in. Anyway she must have had some of her chairs at home as she was outspoken about rates reducing (to which I and a man who was patiently waiting for one of us to depart joined in) 'it's always down isn't it, never up'. And then she was getting her ISA sorted out, switching to a higher rate and emphasising that it was the ISA she was talking about (she surely must be on MSE). And in giving the information for new account she was asked for her DOB:
    1928 !!! 
    I was stunned, hung about for a couple of minutes to say something complimentary to her (not sure what) but she was still involved at the counter so I left it.

• pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    colsten said:
    schiff said:
    Yorkshire BS Issue 3

Just returned from my local YBS branch. New account opened within 5 minutes. I know have both issue 2 & 3 with a passbook.

Lucky you!  Our local YBS branch (south-east London) will only open new accounts with an appointment! The counter staff reported that their regional manager had visited and told them "appointments only"!  I handed over our completed forms with cheques and they'll ring when the account is set-up and the passbooks ready to collect.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure