Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Just noticed this 3% RS. Is there a way to open it online. Already have other Virgin RS's which were opened online.
    tia

No, instore only.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have three RSAs with YBS and am paying in a total of £1,250 monthly by SO. I've just spotted that their online system would permit me to top up these RSAs by debit card instead. If I used my Tesco Bank debit card for the top up, that would earn me an additional 0.125% flat on the amounts paid in, in terms of the nominal value of Tesco Clubcard points awarded. For a 12 month instalment product like YBS's 2nd issue RSA, I think that equates to ~0.25% p.a. additional yield on the RSA, tax-free. (Of course in absolute terms the £ amount is small).

As far as I can see, YBS's general conditions for savers specifically permit this method of funding their savings accounts. I already fund some other YBS savings accounts this way.

Please, does anyone out there happen to know of other RSAs besides YBS that accept funding by debit card?

Cambridge BS's Reg Saver @ 2% is one I know of.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If I used my Tesco Bank debit card for the top up, that would earn me an additional 0.125% flat on the amounts paid in, in terms of the nominal value of Tesco Clubcard points awarded.
    Not according to https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/Current-Accounts/Do-I-collect-Tesco-Clubcard-points-every-time-I-use-my-Tesco/ta-p/982:
    Do I collect Tesco Clubcard points every time I use my Tesco Bank debit card?

You won't collect Clubcard points on cash withdrawals and deposits, buying travel money (cash or travellers cheques) or using your card at other banks and building societies.
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    I have a Santandar 123 lite account and regular esaver paying 5% can i also open a regular esaver paying 3%?
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No, one per customer. If you are a 1|2|3 World or Santander Select customer you get 5%, if not only 3%
    • a UK resident, maximum one account per customer, account can only be held in single name;
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »
    No, one per customer. If you are a 1|2|3 World or Santander Select customer you get 5%, if not only 3%
    • a UK resident, maximum one account per customer, account can only be held in single name;

Ah ok thanks
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a Santandar 123 lite account and regular esaver paying 5% can i also open a regular esaver paying 3%?

I tried a few months ago. I clicked on the 'non-123 customer' option thinking their systems wouldn't recognise the difference between the 3% and 5% reg saver. Unfortunately, they're a bank that adheres to their T&Cs.

Happy to take one for the team. ;)
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • surreysaver
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Just noticed this 3% RS. Is there a way to open it online. Already have other Virgin RS's which were opened online.
    tia

No........
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 27 September 2018 at 11:34PM
    Options
    According to a post on this page, the Santander 5% RS may be withdrawn or have it’s rate cut on Tuesday

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5901391
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MDMD wrote: »
    According to a post on this page, the Santander 5% RS may be withdrawn or have it’s rate cut on Tuesday

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17
    Except it doesn't say that ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family