Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    arsenalboy wrote: »
    If it is of any help to anybody being put off by the Scottish BS requirement of certified documentation please note the following.

I have previously had Scottish BS regular savers but not for a couple of years. I tongue in cheek emailed them and asked whether I was exempt from providing ID and the reply this morning said

I do see that you previously held accounts with us. If you wish to open a new Regular Saver with us you would need to provide new identification, one piece proving your identity and another proving your address.
    We can either accept originals or certified copies

The person didn't say whether they would return them but I expect they would.

Most people should be able to cope with two pieces of ID without sending off passports/driving licences etc.

Hope that helps

The problem is that many people (myself included) don't want to send original passports/driving licence/bills etc. unless it's sent via Special Delivery - which costs around £7. Then there's no guarantee what method they'll use to send your original documents back.

Certified copies cost money too (for the majority of us) - my local solicitor charges £10 per document that needs certifying.

I think I'll pass on the Scottish BS Reg Saver. I thought I'd never say this, but it's not worth the hassle. :D Lots of other reg savers out there to have fun with.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »

I think I'll pass on the Scottish BS Reg Saver. I thought I'd never say this, but it's not worth the hassle. :D Lots of other reg savers out there to have fun with.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: karlie88 has flipped

Seriously though, I decided some time ago that most of the Reg Savers around, and many of the current accounts, are no longer worth the hassle. To me anyway:o
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Certainly RSs at 2% and under I would agree.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Please can I ask has anyone got a Chorley Festive Fund regular saver which is maturing in October? And if so have you had a letter regarding instructions upon the maturing date?

Mine matures October 10th so its well within the 28 days now
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Please can I ask has anyone got a Chorley Festive Fund regular saver which is maturing in October? And if so have you had a letter regarding instructions upon the maturing date?

Yes I have one. No, I've not had contact from them.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »

Thought it matures on 31st October for everyone?
  • mgarl10024
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Yes I have one. No, I've not had contact from them.

Same. <Needless extra characters>
  • moi
    moi Posts: 977 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    Thought it matures on 31st October for everyone?

That's what's on the summary leaflet:

"The account will mature at close of business on the 31st October 2018.
    The balance will then be available on the following working day. We will contact you at least 14 days prior to maturity to advise you of the maturity date and provide options available at that time."
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Looks a pretty clear pattern there to me. 9 - 11 - 1 - 3 -5 - 7 - 9 - 11 - 1 - 3 - 5 - 7. So the next number would be 9.
    The countdown is on then for the Virgin Money regular e-saver. Only four days left for the sequence to be maintained.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think Virgin may be regretting the 3% on the last one. In a way that could have been committing them to keep to that rate, when possibly the investors would have been very content with 2.75% and quite content with 2.5%.

If they offer less than 3% on the next one, it will seem like losing face. The solution could be one at 3% every other month, online and store combined.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure