Comments

• MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Except it doesn't say that ...

It does now - copy and paste error

Basically someone had a call from Santander to tell them to renew their 5% on Monday before “the deal closes Tuesday”
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 September 2018 at 11:57PM
    Options
    MDMD wrote: »
    It does now - copy and paste error

Basically someone had a call from Santander to tell them to renew their 5% on Monday before “the deal closes Tuesday”

I believe it's the ability to renew automatically 'deal' by setting up a new SO by Tuesday, before his current RS ends on Oct 6th.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just a final update on my application for the Scottish Building Society Regular Saver: the passbook arrived in this morning's snail mail. The opening deposit (cheque) is dated today and has yet to come out of my current account. The remaining 11 deposits will go in via SO, starting on Monday.

The RS does not show online, which probably means that I'll have to get the money out by cheque on maturity. We'll see. Maybe they can transfer it into my online saver

All in, it took 5 working days to get the account opened, and I didn't need to send any ID as they had electronically verified me when I opened the online saver.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MDMD wrote: »
    According to a post on this page, the Santander 5% RS may be withdrawn or have it’s rate cut on Tuesday

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5901391
    No need to panic. There's no general change to the Santander RS. It's merely that someone's RS is maturing and they are a bit confused over whether and how to continue with an RS, and with how interest on RSs work in general. Just ignore them. There's no general change to the Santander RS happening on Tuesday.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Looks a pretty clear pattern there to me. 9 - 11 - 1 - 3 -5 - 7 - 9 - 11 - 1 - 3 - 5 - 7. So the next number would be 9.
    It looks like the pattern has been broken.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »

I think Virgin may be regretting the 3% on the last one. In a way that could have been committing them to keep to that rate, when possibly the investors would have been very content with 2.75% and quite content with 2.5%.

If they offer less than 3% on the next one, it will seem like losing face. The solution could be one at 3% every other month, online and store combined.

:think:
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    I think Virgin may be regretting the 3% on the last one. In a way that could have been committing them to keep to that rate, when possibly the investors would have been very content with 2.75% and quite content with 2.5%.

If they offer less than 3% on the next one, it will seem like losing face. The solution could be one at 3% every other month, online and store combined.

:think:
    It is quite strange that they increased the base rate on the 12 existing regular savers from 2.25% to 2.50% and then issued a new branch one at 3.00%. At the same time they closed their regular e-saver to new subscriptions which is also unprecedented.

Perhaps they have a new rabbit waiting in their hat.
  • interest_Ted
    Options

Looks a pretty clear pattern there to me. 9 - 11 - 1 - 3 -5 - 7 - 9 - 11 - 1 - 3 - 5 - 7. So the next number would be 9.
    Originally posted by colsten
    ”It looks like the pattern has been broken.

As we know.......Virgin Money was bought out by Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank in May. The 'merger' is quoted as taking place over next three years.

Personally I believe that the rate hikes and 3% offer were Virgins swansong to us all. And I rather doubt if we will see these attractions again, at least not in the near future.

Ted
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    That's the pattern for the announcement of the Esaver accounts. From Virgin Money's perspective, isn't the pattern of when the accounts mature more important? In other words, we have until 20th October for the pattern to be completely broken (unless VM want to offer an 11th month regular saver).
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 September 2018 at 12:19PM
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Here is this weekend's update.

- Mansfield BS accounts interest rates updated (2.5% for the Regular Saver and 2.75% for the Young Regular Saver from tomorrow)

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure