PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    evening all, I've been away visiting the children so no eating for one for a couple of weeks:)

I had a cold for a few days after getting back so ate comfort food but feeling better today and back to eating properly

breakfast was overnight oats with yoghurt, raspberries and blueberries

lunch was homemade carrot and butternut squash, made last night and I threw a couple of soft apples in too, should be enough for lunch for 3 days :D

dinner was chicken with peas and corn on the cob

I get my Riverford veg and fruit box delivered tomorrow so will be all stocked up for the weekend :j
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Caron - fingers crossed that your illness stops playing up so and that you don't land up back in hospital with it ((( )))
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,328 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Irenadler wrote: »
    Wish I had something exciting to report, but, the dog throwing up on the carpet has been the highlight....!

My bold, reminded me of the joke about Red Indian child naming, 2 dogs anyone?:D

Up early, may have been the moon and the werewolf gene in me

Pot of tea but not breakfast, thought about porridge, then dismissed that idea

Last night's YS steak from C0stcutter was excellent, who would have thought it? It was Hardy Country meat, so sort of local sourced

Food today is still undecided, lunch a sandwich of some sort, dinner I may open a tin of soup unless a YS offer pops up when I'm out later
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,328 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Lunch was a bacon, lettuce & tom sarnie. followed by HM yoghurt with honey

Def going to be tin of soup for dinner, eyeing up the pea & ham one, plus I think I'll make some croutons to go with it. At least it will warm the kitchen up, it is fffffreezing outside
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've made curry to freeze in the slow cooker today so dinner will be a portion of that with some rice and naan bread I've liberated from the depths of the freezer. I need something warming with the temperature outside.

Lunch was a tuna mayo sandwich, so that will be tomorrows lunch as well :).

I did poached eggs on toast for breakfast this morning, as a change from scrambled.
  • Irenadler
    Irenadler Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    My bold, reminded me of the joke about Red Indian child naming, 2 dogs anyone?:D

That gave me a chuckle Farway! And the other naming one about 'Bear !!!!!!!! in the Woods'.....:rotfl:

Hope you had a howling good Blue Supermoon all....
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • Irenadler
    Irenadler Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Caronc

Sorry to hear that the wonky donkey's are playing merry hell at the moment. Hope you manage to get them under control.

On the food front line today:

Just right porridge n banana, with 2 plums (sure there is a joke in there somewhere!)
    Chicken super protein and grains soup with wholemeal bread, low fat yogurt
    Jacket spud, coleslaw, salad and YS steak for tea.

There might have been a cake at elevenses forced upon me at work with a cuppa. Well, it would be rude to say no, wouldn't it? As it was in thanks for all my hard work....;)
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 February 2018 at 7:07PM
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    Things were no better this morning so I bit the bullet and contacted the Drs. As I suspected my Meniere's has de-stabilised knocking my BP sky high (183/107:eek: - so just below hospital admission level:)). Meds have been tweaked and I've a stay of execution on being admitted provided things don't deterioate further. I've to take it really easy for the next few days and get checked again next week. Needless to say food hasn't really featured today though I'm wanting a decent dinner tonight. Something from the freezer I can bung in the oven I think but not sure quite what yet.

ETA - To add to my tales of woe I've also got nasal shingles and what looks like a patch on my scalp too..... so got anti-viral pills to add to my collection.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Good evening everyone,
    Things were no better this morning so I bit the bullet and contacted the Drs. As I suspected my Meniere's has de-stabilised knocking my BP sky high (183/107:eek: - so just below hospital admission level:)). Meds have been tweaked and I've a stay of execution on being admitted provided things don't deterioate further. I've to take it really easy for the next few days and get checked again next week. Needless to say food hasn't really featured today though I'm wanting a decent dinner tonight. Something from the freezer I can bung in the oven I think but not sure quite what yet.

ETA - To add to my tales of woe I've also got nasal shingles and what looks like a patch on my scalp too..... so got anti-viral pills to add to my collection.
    I'm sorry to hear this caron.

I hope that you have got plenty of HM ready meals in the freezer, (I can't remember whether said recently that you had plenty or that you needed to do some batch cooking) so that you can have decent meals and still rest and take things easy.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this caron.

I hope that you have got plenty of HM ready meals in the freezer, (I can't remember whether said recently that you had plenty or that you needed to do some batch cooking) so that you can have decent meals and still rest and take things easy.
    Thanks Holly, I have few but been on "use up" mode the last couple of weeks. I'll not starve though. :) Tonight I think I fancy a spicy noodle soup with poached egg. Lots of veg but not much by way of cooking as will poach the veg rather than standing to stir fry. :) Hopefully lots of garlic & ginger will give my system a boost. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback