PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I only lasted about an hour doing the painting. My husband is going to have to finish it off.

I made myself a ready made lasagne in the air fryer  when I came in. It really is quite warm today. I bet I caught the sun a bit. I had sun screen on my face, but not my arms.

I'm just going to catch up on the YouTubers I follow.
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yep, butter beans and cannellini beans are favourites here - I eat more beans, chickpeas and lentils than potatoes I reckon.

A lovely early summer day here - was already 14C when I left for work at 7.15. The office was a bit stuffy by lunchtime…

Second half of the tuna and roasted pepper couscous for lunch. I keep shuffling my meal plan around this week so tonight was Indian spiced new potato and cauliflower traybake with mint yoghurt 😋
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,167 Forumite
    Options
    I also add butter beans to chicken casseroles / coq au vin originally it was to pad out the chicken in the early days of my mortgage 😁 the hunt for cannellini beans lunch time produced 3 tins of butter beans which will need adding into the menu plan 🙄 

I was woken up early 5.45am with a text 🙄 followed by a apologise text because she hadn't thought about the time, she was up early as they were going on holiday. I probably should have gotten up as dozing on and off left me out of sorts for the morning 😴 

I mixed tuna with cannellini beans for lunch, the tuna was a named brand but I wasn't impressed very bitty and bland so lots of bits added, parsley, chives, capers, olives, anchovies chilli, gherkins and celery tops.  All served on a spinach salad, it needed a crusty roll but was tasty enough and plenty of LOs

LO sweet n sour pork with noodles for dinner, that has now finished 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    Options
    I am not feeling too achy today after the painting which surprised me. 

I have only had a few Doritos today. I need to look at what needs using up before Tesco tomorrow. I might make a breakfast with sausages, grilled tomatoes, hash browns etc... I don't think I have baked beans.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,325 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Another hot & sunny day ahead, I've had to start watering the plant pots already. But after all the rain I'm not complaining, honestly I'm not. ;)

Last night's cheapo steak was OK, and as expected. I think I'd prefer a nice thick pork chop TBH.

Lunch, cheese & pickle rolls
    Dinner, despite the hot weather I'm going for full on roast lamb leg with roast tatties, parsnips & carrots
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    It's a lovely day here, after a cloudy started yesterday turned out gorgeous so fingers crossed today stays lovely.
    Tesco due later but minimal plans apart from that. I finished the wardrobe declutter yesterday. just the linen cupboard and bookcase in my bedroom to go. I also decluttered the jackets hanging in the hall cupboard and discovered a waterproof and a fleece I forgot I had! 
    LO curry for lunch and usual Friday tbc for dinner.
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am all aches and pains after the Moderna vaccine yesterday, I thought if I moved about a bit that might help so jumped a bus and went for a wander around B&M, home bargains and matalan caught the next bus back - I'm home now absolutely shattered and the aching joints and arm are still there. So it will be my book and maybe a few Z'ds/Nana Nap this afternoon.

JKS, I notice you often have a butter bean mash, I must try that instead of potatoes soon.

Very easy meals today, lunch is blue cheese, salad, grapes & crusty bread and a ping & ding dinner of smoked sausage, peas and AF chips.

• justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    N2BT - yep, butter bean mash or creamy cannellini beans with leeks make a lovely accompaniment 😋. Your lunch is right up my street.

Another absolutely beautiful day here, wfh and was lovely to have the windows open and just to see the sun.

I had the LO potatoes from the traybake last night with rocket, tomatoes and smoked mackerel in a dressing made from the oil of a jar of roasted peppers and red wine vinegar for lunch. Just had chicken fajitas and a 🍷 for tea 🙃

Happy sunny weekend 🌞
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,167 Forumite
    Options
    I hope the aches and pains have gone N2BT 

And warm day and looks like it's going to be a nice weekend 🌞 quiet day at work and we escaped at 5pm, just two weeks left 😁

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday tunaand cannellini beans salad.  All this talk of butter beans reminded me I had butter bean, tomato, aubergine and courgette stew in the freezer so that was a easy dinner with some rice

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a difference a couple of paracetamol and 10 hours sleep make, yesterday my hip joints, neck & shoulders felt so bad I thought they were seizing up but all good this morning. Vaccine site still a bit hot, swollen and tender but loads better.

Beautiful sunrise this morning when I looked out and looks like a good day ahead, I see the forecaster's have thunderstorm warnings for some of you in the South hope they are not too bad or cause flooding.

Defrosting some cooked prawns to have in a mixed salad for my lunch with the last of the crusty bread and to carry on the "bean theme" :D  I'm doing a parma ham and broad bean risotto for tea tonight.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback