PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Think my invitation got lost in the post, caronc! Looks fab 😋

Another beautiful day here (and the forecast rain didn’t appear). Few domestic chores this morning then popped for a swim.

Posh fishfingers in a wrap with lettuce and a slice of pickled gherkin plus some cherry tomatoes and the end of the coleslaw for lunch. 

Went to b&m and homebase this afternoon, got some good deals on bedding plants and also found some nice pots to go on my bargain plant stand. Planted up some stuff when I got back but still need to do some more tidying and sorting during the week, hopefully some warm afternoons/evenings 🤞

Creamy bacon, mushroom and broccoli pasta tonight.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Looks delicious Caronc 😋

Horrendous weather this morning l early afternoon usual roads flooded, I'm hoping for a dry day too as I have gardening to do

Lovely birthday lunch even if 4 instead of 8, just meant more desserts for me 😋 little one was sent home from hospital at 5pm all exhausted by the weekend which was a good birthday present 🙂

My nephew made me my favourite lemon drizzle cake which he knows it is my favourite I prefer it to a fancy cake 😁 I've only brought a slice home, my waist line needs to claw back some of the damage from lunch
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,319 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sun or today, I had same grot weather yesterday as Brambling, wet & more wet. But here on it is expected to get better & better.

Nice spread Caron, time for a rest today, for you and the dogs :)
    I have to do the garden this week too. Jet wash and repaint the decking and I'm waiting for a few dry days for that as well Farway. Did you try the vegan burger yet?

No, due tomorrow, but just had e-mail from Asda, Out of Stock! :( I deliberately opted out of sub for that item, so maybe I'll not try them, just yet, I'll just have to nibble on the leg of lamb instead. >:)

Now I've just about run out of fresh food, with delivery of more tomorrow, it's last of everything for today

Lunch, grilled cheese + pickle on toast
    Dinner, Tuna Mayo filled baked spud + last of the salad bits
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good news about the "wee one" Brambling, it's very worrying with so many infections and virus' doing the rounds and she being so small.

That's a lovely looking spread Caronc, I particularly like the look of the chorizo in red wine. We have a spanish deli which opened in the town a few months ago; they do a roaring trade in coffee's, hot chocolate, baguettes and empanadas  I really must take the time to go and have a browse.

Flatbread pizza for lunch and ham salad with a side of pickled beetroot and some AF chips for tea.

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Options
    Asda are always out of stock! That is why I never order from them anymore.

I am in my shorts and t-shirt and I'm about to jet wash the decking. I had a teacake with Flora so far today.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    Sounds like a lovely birthday Brambling and I'm pleased the wee one got home.
    Thanks for the comments re the tapas everyone, no definitely not a CFO meal Wednesday lol! N2BT the chorizo in red wine was easy - onion, garlic, cooking chorizo, red wine and a little honey. Some parsley over the top to serve. I made a double batch but very doable as a CFO dish and it would freeze if need be. It's an old BBC food magazine recipe and very forgiving. You can use the cured chorizo but it's better with the cooking stuff. I bought mine in Tesco. 
    Forecast says it to be dry today but the sky is indicating otherwise. Cooler as well.
    Hector is shattered, him & Frank just ran and ran yesterday. Ari was more sedate but still exhausted when he came back. He hardly moved from the couch and was snoring loudly until my sister collected him in the evening. I think he'd be pleased to be at home in his own bed last night.
    My sis is coming for dinner, often I'll do most of the prep the day before but after all the cooking over the weekend I couldn't face it. Not that we are having anything fancy - chicken in a creamy spinach, parmesan and sun dried tomato sauce, veg, and crispy potatoes but it will still take a bit of time to organise. I'm so slow these days but enjoy it as long as I can take my time. Fridge bits for lunch.
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Much greyer and cooler here today (which is fine for those of us who have to work weekdays) but still fairly mild, sun came out late afternoon.

It’s reporting deadline time of month so a busy day sorting a few out. Had my last (long) meeting of the day cancelled which really helped.

LO pasta for lunch. Have had beans with toast this evening so I can swim later.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,166 Forumite
    Options
    Weather has been a complete change from yesterday, sunshine and really warm 😎🌞 luckily I wasn't working so made the most if a couple of hours pottering in the garden, lunch outside and a trip to the garden centre.  I did upset my hip and back carrying compost so an easy afternoon.  13 working days before this becomes the norm 😁 unless we have a wet summer 🌧️  ☔️ it looked like a red hat meeting in the garden centre 8 or 9 'mature' ladies in purple with red hats wandering around and using the nice tea room they have. I think I'm still too young to join them 😁

Prawn and avocado salad ate in the garden for lunch followed by a catch up with my neighbour over the fence. I'll have Pork sweet n sour with noodles for dinner in a minute 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    edited 8 May at 9:52AM
    Options
    I had two slices of wholemeal bread with Flora and a strawberry milkshake. It looks quite nice and mild again today.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Cloudy but dry so far, the weather did hold yesterday apart from a couple of short showers and I think today will be much the same.
    I have one shelf in my wardrobes and one drawer in my tall boy still to declutter so I'm hoping to do at least one of them.
    Fridge bits for lunch and spag bol for dinner using ragu from the freezer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback