PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Brambling said:
    Nice quiet day at work not sur why as it's the end of the month but we didn't question it, just enjoyed it 🙂 
    They’re disconcerting aren’t they, those sorts of days?

Bit four seasons in one day here today - cold and foggy start, turned mild, rain during the afternoon, sunny this evening 🤔

Chicken salad for lunch, mostly eaten in a meeting as hardly any gap…

Swimming tonight so easy reheat of sweet potato and peanut stew with a toasted pitta when I got in.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,161 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A damp start to the day which meant the front of the car was covered by the early council grass cutters they seem to have missed the no mow May memo but if they are the same as last year we wouldn't see them until August 🙄 the rest of the day was grey. 

Tinned mackerel with salad for lunch. My shepherds pie from the freezer didn't defrost so chicken and mushroom slice for dinner with some beans, never mind that's dinner sorted tomorrow before I go out 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,430 Forumite
    Options
    It has been raining here. I have to go out to have my filling later today so I hope it clears up by then.

I have been going through the pantry/cupboards and decided to make overnight oats with soya milk and a tin of peaches. It made loads as I haven't had it in ages and so I just had half for breakfast with some sliced banana and I will have the other half tomorrow morning. It was actually nicer than I expected.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,307 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 2 May at 10:36AM
    Options
    Hammered down for ages last night, and thunder to go with it. Still grey & damp out, but I've put the tomato plants out to continue hardening off.
    Apart from that, and put the rubbish into the wheelie for tomorrow, I can just potter about

Phone call from surgery, arranged for next Covid jab, on Saturday week. Just before Noon, which is awkward because the Chippy is just over the road from Drs'.

First time for ages, some Waitrose vouchers in e-mail, use by next week so of no use, but it's a start, they had dried up, I wonder if Wairtose are going to try vouchers again?

Lunch today, last of the F Fingers, more on order for next delivery
    Dinner, it's use up day. Manky mushrooms in omelette, with baked spud & LO beans. I may bung some frozen bangers into the same oven with the spud, to give me an extra option if I need one.
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,111 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Sunny and pleasant here, Hector and Ari are sunbathing on the deck.
    I need to sort out my Tesco order, the family are coming on Sunday to celebrate DIL2B's birthday, Greek Easter and the Bank holiday. I'm doing tapas so need to be organised so I can take my time over the prep. My days of cooking all day from first thing until folk arrive are well over but I'm fine if I can pace it over a couple of days.
    LOs for lunch and something from the freezer for dinner as DS2 is heading to Glasgow this evening.
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,488 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have my spring booster next week too Farway, after experiencing the real thing in March my antibodies should be well topped up.

Sounds like a very busy weekend for you Caronc, hope they all help out with the clearing up.

Beautiful sunny day today after the misery of yesterday went for a good long walk, nice and warm in the sun but still a chill in the wind coming off the sea. Stopped in by the Bank to pay a bill then home for a prawn salad and crusty roll for lunch.

Easy tea tonight just heating up a sausage roll, some boiled new potatoes and baked beans.

• justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Tuna and new potato salad in a lunchbox today. Did Mediterranean lentils, spinach and sun dried tomatoes with griddled halloumi tonight 😋

Made stock from the chicken carcass last night so that has been portioned up and frozen. Tomorrow’s lunch also packed as I’m back in the office. Just some washing up to do in a bit.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,161 Forumite
    Options
    Farway said:
    Hammered down for ages last night, and thunder to go with it. Still grey & damp out, but I've put the tomato plants out to continue hardening off.

Hammering down here during the night I woke up at 2.30am the thunder was only a low rumble but the lightning was quite impressive 

I went to a on screen showing of MacBeth tonight with a friend, it was very good I read it at school when I was 13 or 14 and 8 vaguely remember going to see it then.

I found a couple of crumpets in the freezer for lunch.  I had to go out early tonight so shepherds pie from thefreezer with peas and cabbage for dinner
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,430 Forumite
    Options
    I made overnight oats again and was going to have them with some fresh raspberries this time, but I felt like something savoury so I had sourdough with Flora and Marmite. I will have the oats for lunch.

The filling went okay yesterday. I didn't even feel the injection! I was looking at the time on my Fitbit when she started and it only took her 7 minutes to do the new filling.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,307 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 3 May at 11:03AM
    Options
    Dry at last, even had a glimpse of sun. If it keeps up, I'll have a potter in the garden this afternoon.

Need to finalise my Asda order for next week delivery, trying again for lamb leg on offer, last time I ordered they subbed it for chops :/ , which I returned. I'll tick the no subs box this time.

Lunch, scrambled eggs and LO cold sausages
    Dinner, I found a OOD BBE 9/2023 Fray Bentos S & K pie, so that plus pot of mash and posh frozen mixed veg.
    Replacement FB pie added to Asda list :) On offer at the moment
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback