PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,114 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone, 
    Glad the dentist trip went well Wednesday,
    Yes NB2T it will be all hands on deck for the final finish and clear up.  :)
    After a lovely warm and sunny day yesterday it back to overcast with showers. 
    Tesco due later with a huge order, a combination of start of the month stock up on various household items and the ingredients for Sunday. Only one item which I need OOS but DS2 will pick it up in the local Morrisons.
    Last night I defrosted a small portion of meatball and chickpea stew from the freezer. Not enough for a meal so I added some fridge gravel veg and macaroni pasta. Very tasty it was too, though of course I now have LOs  :D. Never mind that's lunch covered! Usual Friday tbc for dinner. 
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,490 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lovely sunny morning again but clouding over a bit now, still a chilly wind ruining it.

Out for a walk early and stopped at the fish shop on the way; she opens the shop at 8.30am and most of the stock gone by 10.00am so you have to get there sharpish B) , I also got some good old fashioned ruskoline I haven't had "orange fish" for years I normally whizz up some bread and make my own crumbs but no bread in the house today.

Stopped at the butcher to get some cold meat for my salad lunch and thought I would try his meatloaf for a change, it looks a bit like haslet but not so fatty.

Fish & chips for tea with some tartare sauce, cauliflower and the last of the tenderstem broccoli.

• justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    An extra office day for me so it has felt like a very long week, mostly productive though 🙃

Tuna salad in my lunchbox again today but with a random cheese topped roll I found in the freezer. Still got lettuce in the fridge…

Made sausage and fennel seed pasta tonight, with the end of the green beans and sweetcorn.

Weather looking a bit mixed for the long weekend 🤔
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 May at 10:47PM
    Options
    Long weekend for me as I'm off Tuesday although the boss did query today why I needed a long weekend when life is about to become one long one 🙄 it's a '0' birthday on Monday and there will be drinking 😁🍾

Food shopping after work although my short list grew 🤫 I ended up in Sainsbury's and Waitrose which are opposite each other as I had no luck in Waitrose with a lot of the green veg I wanted but did pick up a £9 YS half shoulder of lamb for £3 and a YS veal escalope for £2 both are now in the freezer. I used both their weekly vouchers so £1 saved 🙂  I noticed my sister's car behind me (it's my old one) as I left Sainsburys but seeing as she hadn't text me I'm assuming she hadn't noticed and I needed to go home and eat so didn't ping her 😁 

Poached egg on toast for lunch with a slice of ham.  Salmon and watercress salad for dinner the salmon was a cooked portion from the freezer so nice and easy 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,435 Forumite
    Options
    I'm having overnight oats again and really enjoying it. It is nice to have a grab breakfast in a jar all ready in the fridge each morning. I had strawberries and banana with it today.

I had a bad sleep last night and the night before so I did crack and buy some instant coffee yesterday after not having coffee for three full months. I'm going to try and limit myself to one/two cups a day as caffeine makes me jittery.

I thought it was meant to be rainy today, but it looks quite nice. I did laundry last night and hung it inside but I just moved some of it outside.

I have nothing to do this weekend (or this month) socially! The end of June to the end of July are extremely busy on the other hand.

I might just finish my library book today as I see another one is ready for me. I forgot I had another new book on my kindle as I pre-ordered it so I might start that tomorrow.

I might deep clean the bathroom too, yawn.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,312 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Pleasant sunny day so far, if it keeps up I'll plant out some perennials I bought a week or so back and have been waiting for the opportunity.

I've added a pack of plant burgers, Beyond Meat, now on offer to my Asda order, just to try. 
    For me, they are not really MSE because I'm quite happy making my own, for less, with beef mince, but thought I'd try these supposed to be an excellent alternative, but I suspect it may turn out to be hype.

Lunch, not sure, toast + ??
    Dinner, mystery frozen LO from freezer. Out & defrosting, could be beef stew or chicken curry.
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,490 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Back to being overcast, misty and cooler today so I'm not going too far from the door.

I'll be catching up on my reading too, my local Co op has a book swap table and I picked up a Claire Francis novel this week and really getting into it.

Hummus, crusty bread, grapes and cherry toms for lunch.

Tonight its a freezer dip for a portion of chicken curry, I'll whizz up some cauliflower rice, ping a couple of poppadums' and add a side salad.

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,165 Forumite
    Options
    I met a friend in Chichester for brunch and afternoon tea 🙂 it has been a lovely hot sunny day 🌞 until the train pulled into the station when I got home and the skies opened at least I wasn't in the middle of walking home, i got a taxi and the rain stopped as soon as I got home 🙄 When my friend booked the table for brunch she mentioned it was for a birthday treat and they brought over a glass of sparkling wine on them when we sat down  🍾 i suggested we didn't say too loud it wasn't today 😁. It was Goodwood today so the trains were packed 

I brought back half my slice of carrot cake from afternoon tea as it was a big slice so that was my dinner with a cuppa 😋

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I’m assuming it’s your birthday you’re celebrating, Brambling…makes sense to spread the celebrations out 😉

I was awake too early but got on and went and did grocery shopping plus an urgent errand. Suddenly felt exhausted after lunch so had a nap and then a lazy late afternoon and evening.

Cheese and egg salad with a fresh bread roll for lunch. Burger, new potatoes, salad and coleslaw tonight.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,435 Forumite
    edited 5 May at 9:31AM
    Options
    Happy belated (?) birthday Brambling. It is funny as I woke up today thinking about a plan to meet my aunt in London this summer and I was thinking I haven't been to a proper afternoon tea. 

I am having a smoothie for breakfast, but I'm just having some water first. It looks like it will be a nice sunny day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback