PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,339 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Up early, but only because I couldn't get back to sleep
    At least I have a loaf on, and it should be ready by Ten, and in time for lunchtime sarnie

Lunch, open one of the Christmas stash tin of ham, some on the fresh loaf with mustard should do it
    Dinner, more of the tinned ha, with jacket spud, salad &, thanks for jogging memory JKS, HM coleslaw
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone, 
    Sounds like a lovely early birthday celebration Brambling.
    Got side tracked and forgot to post yesterday. Family arrive this afternoon, they'll walk dogs before dinner. I'm as organised as I can be but still lots to do. I'll finish my cuppa, check my list and then get cracking!
    Fridge bits for lunch and then no doubt too much food later on. A few wines will be drunk.  :)  
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed family dinner (and the wines), caronc.

Has been the most beautiful day here. Got 3 loads of washing dry on the line, tidied up in the garden and also did various other domestic chores that are better done with doors and windows open. I’m in my lovely clean bed right now.

Had early lunch of a cheese and coleslaw (not homemade, Farway 😬) sandwich. Out for early tea before the cinema this evening so a slight rejig of the week’s meal plan and something gets rolled over to next week 🙃
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hope the meal went well Caronc 🙂 my family lunch tomorrow is a maybe at the moment it seems there are colds going around 🤧😷🤒 and the little one is back in hospital, hopefully just over night as they couldn't regulate her oxygen levels in A&E, we are playing by eat and will see what tomorrow brings 🤞

Drizzling this morning which I used as an excuse not to garden and popped around to a friend for a cuppa and a gossip.  I had a nice long phone call with my eldest sister this afternoon 🙂

Watercress salad with smoked Ham and cambozola cheese,the cheese was from the Waitrose cheese counter and had a sticker to inform me it contained milk! 

Rump steak from the freezer for dinner with asparagus, charred baby leeks and sweet potato chips 😋 nearly a mustard emergency 🆘 I had to scrap the jar, English mustard essential for steak 😁
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,467 Forumite
    Options
    I was able to dry the laundry quickly on the line yesterday for the first time this year, but today it looks rainy.

I am about to have some fruit and a coffee and I will make proper breakfast a bit later. 
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I jumped on a bus early yesterday to go and catch up with a friend. No posh nosh or complimentary glasses of fizz :( , just a nice coffee and a fine piece then chip shop supper later on which was a nice change.

I hope your birthday celebrations go to plan Brambling, many happy returns, have a lovely day.

Weather here still a bit grey, mostly low cloud but I think there is rain coming later.

Lunch will be another salad, still have a bit of the meatloaf left but also some ham to use. Tonight I'm having macaroni cheese - haven't had that for a while

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,339 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Drizzle & damp, typical Bank Holiday Monday weather :(
    I had intended a bit of garden pottering but now postponed until mid-week, supposed to be improving by then.
    Brambling said:
    Rump steak from the freezer for dinner with asparagus, charred baby leeks and sweet potato chips 😋 nearly a mustard emergency 🆘 I had to scrap the jar, English mustard essential for steak 😁
    Must be a run on it, mine ran out as well, then I found out of stock when I went to order more. It is also essential for pork pies.

Lunch, not a pork pie ;) , it's an egg sandwich
    Dinner, getting to use up stage before next delivery. Ham, grilled cheese & eggs on toast, with tinned beans
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I have to do the garden this week too. Jet wash and repaint the decking and I'm waiting for a few dry days for that as well Farway. Did you try the vegan burger yet?

I had a cheeze toastie. I was going to make spaghetti bol, but I don't know if I fancy that now. 

I'm just washing the bed covers although I will have to dry everything inside due to the weather. I will have to put up the second clothes airer.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Happy "with a zero" birthday Brambling.
    The weekend seems to have passed in a cooking blur. I'd forgotten how much work tapas is, but it was all well received so was worth it.. Homemade dishes included breadm  lemon and paprika chicken wings, garlic and chilli prawns, chorizo in red wine, asparagus wrapped in pancetta, corn ribs, marinated aubergines, roasted mini peppers, roast potatoes, bravas sauce and aioli. We also had various French cheese and sausage, salad, artichokes, olives  and sun dried tomatoes. There's various leftovers so today's meals will based round these. 
    DS1 and DS2 have taken the three dogs to a windfarm, it has a range of walks so I'm expecting tired pooches tonight. Ari goes home this evening so I'm hoping he's not too broken!
    Apart from a bit of kitchen tidying I'm for a quiet day. 
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Definitely not cooking for one there Caronc. Those roast potatoes look delicious!

I just made a really nice veggie stew and had two big bowls of it followed by some orange chocolate from Aldi.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback