PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,328 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sunny day here but it really took it’s time to warm up. 🤞spring is on the way later in the week, Farway.

It's here :) , hot sun, blue sky, windows open, apple blossom, bees and fresh air, very pleasant day ahead

Lunch, maybe another salad sarnie in keeping with the weather
    Diner, Asda crustless quiche, with HM AF chips + more salad
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Frank and Ari have gone home though Ari is back tomorrow. DS1 and DIL2B had a lovely time in France but unfortunately picked up a mild tummy bug and are feeling a tad wiped out and glad to be back home.
    Sunshine and heavy showers so far today though milder - yesterday was like back to winter.
    Lots of things I should be getting on with but after a hectic few days I think a quiet one beckons.
    With DS1 and DIL2B not coming for dinner as planned there's cottage pie LOs, not as much as there should be as my nephew had three!! helpings. Well seeing he's missing home cooking now he has his own place! I'll have some for lunch and freeze the rest. DS2 is making dal for dinner tonight, not had it in ages so really looking forward to it. :smile:
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lovely sunny day here too, been out making the most of it as tomorrow going to be a bit of a stinker for the east coast by all accounts.

Tuna salad wrap for lunch, and tonight I'm having spaghetti and meatballs with some tenderstem broccoli.

• justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yep, sunny and warm here too 🌞. Was quite breezy in the middle of the day so the towels on the line dried very quickly 🙃

More LO chicken with salad, new potatoes and coleslaw for lunch. Been out this evening so no cooking.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nice quiet day at work not sur why as it's the end of the month but we didn't question it, just enjoyed it 🙂 I was on my own this afternoon so got a lot done from my to do list

Cheese on toast for lunch and the last of the chicken tray bake and vegetables.  
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,448 Forumite
    Options
    I have to go and get my filling done tomorrow. She said I had knocked out my white filling, but the silver one (from years ago) was still there.

I just had crunchy PB with crumpets. I just took the recycling out to the shed and it feels quite nice and warm already.

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,328 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Warm & sunny again, into town, Home Bargains mainly for garden compost but had a mooch around, nothing inspiring there except reduced sunflower oil in my bag + compost

Lunch, joining Brambling with the cheese on toast idea
    Dinner, One of the huge baked spuds, not sure about the filling, could go extra lazy & just plonk cheesy beans in there
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    Sunny here today and quite pleasant temperature wise. Another day of pottering on the cards.
    Fridge bits for lunch. Tonight it's JO's salmon in a bag with sweet potatoes, baby corn and sugar snap peas.
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well it is a stinker of a day here, foggy, drizzle, occasional rain, not very pleasant at all, roll on tomorrow.

Catching up on a bit of admin, shredding and filing - all the boring but necessary stuff. Tuna salad wrap for lunch and tonight I'm having a turkey escalope, mustard cream sauce with cauliflower & tenderstem broccoli on the side.

The builders are finally re-building our garden wall, hopefully we don't get a high tide until it settles in.

Hope the dentist isn't too traumatic or painful Wednesday  :#

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,448 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks. I hope so too!

It is very warm outside and I went to buy some cat biscuits. I wanted a lunch that wouldn't get stuck in the tooth that needs filling. I roasted some cherry tomatoes in the air fryer and had it with penne pasta and chickpeas.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback