PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,331 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Nice & sunny again, did anyone see the Aurora last night? I never spotted it, but DD near Southampton saw it.
    I'm off for my Booster jab midday, so I'm expecting sore arm like N2B and others, have to wait & see, luckily I'm not having to work or suchlike so easy enough to laze about if required.

Fresh loaf in the Panny, my old one had gone mouldy, so binned that. 
    Lunch, post jab, probably a salad sarnie now.
    Dinner, maybe LO cold lamb salad, depends on jab arm I think
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I haven't had breakfast yet. It looks like another nice day so far. I am going to have either a bagel or crumpets with a smoothie.

One of my TVs broke last night. It won't even switch on.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,119 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, 
    Glad you are less achy today N2BT.
    I slept through the "Northern Lights" last night but my lovely neighbours shared photos they took. It's cloudier today so don't think they'll be as much chance to see them tonight. The local FB page is full of photos of them. 
    Ended up making what turned out to be a very tasty fridge gravel pasta dish last night boosted with a small portion of chorizo in red wine I froze after last Sunday's gathering. LOs for lunch.  :)
    HM pork and chorizo burgers tonight, I made the burger mix last night so an easy one later, it's very warm today so happy not to spend too much time in kitchen as it it gets very hot. 
    Hector seems to have brought back most of the beach with him yesterday so some sweeping up needed but apart from that the garden beckons.
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A real summer’s day here - still 19c now, it got really warm this afternoon. Two loads of washing dry on the line and I finished putting the bedding plants in. Other than that, grocery shopping and general pottering.

Ricotta and basil pesto tortellini with tuna, sweetcorn and sun dried tomatoes for lunch. Prawn, chorizo and sourdough skewers on the bbq tonight, with a green salad, tomatoes and avocado 😋. Roasted some peppers on the bbq for this week’s packed lunches.

Dipping in and out of Eurovision but mainly catching up with Doctor Who.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,331 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    A bit of a restless night post booster jab, sore arm mainly, so up at 0530 because just couldn't settle back.
    I've also got a slight throat and bit achey, nothing a good slob around doing nowt won't fix

Sunny day ahead, suppose to be very hot before the weather breaks tomorrow
    Meals today are going to be easy fix ones, not starving, so I'm guessing it'll pick & mix from whatever takes my fancy
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I missed the Northern lights again. I remembered last night, but I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed!

It is warm and sunny again here. I just had a wholemeal roll with Flora. I am going to make roasted chickpeas in the AF today. I need to vacuum later. I have got to call the council tomorow to collect the broken TV so I will get rid of some other stuff around the house at the same time.

• Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you don't suffer too badly Farway, you are right to sit down to it unlike me trying to fight it  :(

Had a walk around the bay this morning its a bit misty and doubt the sun will burn it back today. The place is looking really tidy, an extra beach clean was organised this morning as we have the Princess Royal visiting tomorrow.

I didn't see much last night either Wednesday, I had a look out around midnight but comments on local facebook were saying smartphone cameras seemed to be able to pick up colours that the naked eye couldn't, who knows. The sky did look a bit mauve but that could have been the reflection of my purple roman blind on the window  :D

Leftover risotto for lunch. Defrosted some pork mince and have a ragu sauce cooking for tomorrow; a dip in the freezer produced a portion of pork & pepper stew for tea tonight which I'll have with new potatoes and peas.

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,119 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    Too overcast last night for the lights.
    After a couple of glorious days it's thunderstorms today, there's just been a torrential down pour.
    LO burger and coleslaw for lunch. I've a small piece of lamb leg defrosting for dinner. We'll have it with red chimichurri, Jersey Royals, sprouting broccoli and carrots.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I started following this plant based chef on YT called Derek Sarno. He does a food range for Tesco. He was saying he uses pork seasoning for cooking tofu and I just tried it with some air fried potatoes. Quite nice. I had the potatoes with the roasted chickpeas and a big salad.

It is very warm at the moment here. I always catch up with YT videos on Sundays, but I did go out for a quick walk.
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Another very warm day but it did cloud over quite a bit during the afternoon and had got quite breezy this evening. 🤞that wasn’t summer!

Did a few bits of cleaning and cleared the bits of ironing, and went for a short swim. I also finished The Gone (binged 4 episodes), quite enjoyed it, was a bit different.

Smashed avocado and poached eggs on sourdough toast for lunch. Chicken and chorizo jambalaya with the end of the sugar snap peas tonight. There’s LO jambalaya 😉

I’ve also packed tomorrow’s lunchbox and there are the rest of the new potatoes cooked and ready for salads later in the week.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback