PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mixture of sunshine & showers here after what sounded like a wild night of wind and rain battering the windows and flapping the letterbox. Managed a brisk walk in between the showers this morning too.

Got the SC on early doors with some pork I defrosted overnight, if its ready I'll have it for lunch with some roasties I have in the freezer (lo from Christmas) and some steamed cauli & kale.

Not sure about later but there's lots of picky bits that need using.

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had a bowl of muesli again for breakfast and a banana.

I think I will have a Quorn steak bake for lunch with steamed veg and gravy.

It is bright and sunny here, but I put the heating on as I had to wash my hair and it feels a bit chilly.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone, 
    Like Brambling I forgot to post yesterday.
    The DS1 and DIL2B were here for lunch, nothing fancy just hot filled rolls, and stayed until late afternoon. The plan originally was to give the pooches a long beach walk but the weather was foul so that got shelved. The weather is lovely, though chilly, today but it looks as though it's a brief visit of sunshine before the rain returns.
    Fridge bits for lunch and I've sirloin steaks defrosting to have tonight.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I was looking what needs using up from my fridge. I am marinating some tofu in soya sauce, hot sauce and maple syrup for dinner tonight and probably might make air fried potatoes to go with it as I have four spuds left. I will make a salad too with what is left.

I have half a jar of sun dried tomatoes in oil so I might whizz them up to make a soup later with some passata and veg bouillon.
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,185 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Been a lovely sunny but breezy day here - 3 loads line dried 😀

I’ve stripped and remade the bed, dusted the bedroom, been for a swim, made soup for work lunches, tidied and pottered.

Scrambled eggs and mushrooms on toast for lunch. Chinese chicken traybake with vegetable noodles tonight 😋
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,151 Forumite
    Options
    Dry here as well although my bedding didn't dry on the line, I won a argument with his lordship to get it off the bed 🙄

other than the washing a lazy day for me.  I was going to cook a roast but CBA it will be ok tomorrow 

sausage sandwich for lunch using some YS sausages from the freezer.  LO pilaf with some chicken for dinner.  My fridge is currently a LO free zone, at least until I cook a half leg of lamb tomorrow 🤷‍♀️
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    After a lovely, sunny day yesterday it's foul today, tipping it down, gloomy and very chilly. No excuse really not to tackle the voluntary admin due this week.
    HM soup from the freezer and trying another recipe from my new cook book - halloumi and tomato pasta Meliz Berg One-pot Halloumi & Tomato Pasta Recipe | Quick & Easy Meal (thehappyfoodie.co.uk)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I had the other half of the block of tofu and make a tofu scramble and had it with toast.

My cat had a seizure last night so my husband took her to the vet this morning. She had blood taken and her heart checked etc... Over £500 gone. I am going to try and claim some of it back from Pet Plan now. I will know more when the tests come back.

Two of my other pets I used to have had seizures, but I can't remember what the cause was for either of them.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Dull, dry & a bitterly cold wind, not a day for pottering around
    Early doors to Marks, still have their large nice caulis, so one of them is for dinner tomorrow, also YS very posh, eye watering price sirloin steak for tonight

Lunch was clear out, a couple of fish fingers with a fresh tomato
    Dinner, the YS posh sirloin, with fried eggs, AF oven chips & YS mushrooms
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its a miserable day here too, just as well I had to wait in for a parcel delivery not much fun going out in that.

Ham salad stuff for lunch and baked potato, cheese, sweetcorn and slaw for tonight.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback