PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hopefully it wouldn't last too long N2BT  <3

thanks Farway I may leave the tinned potatoes for another 40 years 😁

Im tired for a Monday 💤 it could be a long week but at least my manager is back tomorrow so I can hand him back the reins, I didn't finish until 6 tonight due to a issue in the States 

Easy food day, vegetable soup for lunch and dinner was pasta with a prawn/ tomato / veggie sauce 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,321 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Drizzle to start the day. :(
    Hope you’re improving N2BT, at least it sounds like a milder strain than some have had
    Likewise, Caron, fully dekinked now?

Lunch, more use up stale bread toast, maybe with grilled tinned sardines topping?
    Dinner, More of the LO chicken, nuked jacket spud & easy salad
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Options
    I have woken up hungry. I had a smoothie with a banana, cocoa powder and soya milk. I had half a vegan chicken burger in the fridge so I had that in a bread roll. I will have that bowl of leftover soup about 12, maybe with another roll.

I had a message that another library book I reserved is ready to be picked up.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Oh no NB2T poor you, hope you feel properly better soon.
    Yes thoroughly de-kinked Farway, he doesn't hold back! Needless to say I'm feeling rather battered today so apart from the routine chores and cooking dinner. My sis and nephew are joining and I'm looking forward to hearing about her adventures in Athens.
    HM soup for lunch and HM chicken & bacon pie with veg and baby spuds for dinner.
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all your well wishes, I'm feeling much better today. Enough energy to have a proper shower and wash my hair rather than a strip wash at the sink. Stepped on the scales this morning and I've lost almost half a stone  :) - no doubt it'll go back on when my appetite fully returns.

Lunch was more soup from the freezer and two slices of toast. Tonight I'll have a slice of square sausage, potato waffles and baked beans, not in the mood for healthy eating but as they say a little of what you fancy does you good.

Its been a lovely sunny day here and I'm not long back from a 30min walk along the beachfront, not at my usual brisk stepping out pace but even though its triggered a coughing fit  :|

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,167 Forumite
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling better N2BT 

Another busy day I blinked and it was 3.30pm at least it makes the day go quick

A portion of tomato soup from the freezer for lunch with a small slice of cheese on toast.  Cod florentine for dinner with new potatoes and green veg 

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Good morning, its a bit drizzly here this morning, its supposed to dry up later then I'll get out for another walk as I'm starting to feel a bit "stir-crazy".

Farway said:
    Drizzle to start the day. :(
    Hope you’re improving N2BT, at least it sounds like a milder strain than some have had
    Yes Farway I do feel lucky having heard some horrible stories. I've had every vaccine that was available so perhaps that helped - just the cough left now.

The recycling box is getting fuller and my cupboards are getting emptier so its time to think about a shopping list and register for an online shop.

I didn't really enjoy the baked beans last night, way too sweet for my taste so I'll wash the sauce off, mix with some tuna, onion, herbs and dressing for a lunchtime salad.

The freezer needs tidying and to be re-organise as I'm beginning to lose track what's in there - I'm thinking to have the last portion of BBQ ribs that's in there for tea with some brown rice and ss peas.

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,321 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Weak sunshine, which beats drizzle anytime.

At last, I got around to making lime curd, using the Asda Not a Ninja, following a method seen on YouTube, which worked fine
    Depending on how you look at it, it is or isn't MSE.
    Worked out my full 370g size jar cost £2.20, a jar of common as muck lemon curd can be bought for just over a quid, posher stuff for about £2 and super posh around a fiver
    Having licked the spoon, mine is lovely :) and in the extra super posh class, just free-range eggs, butter, sugar & fresh limes. 
    Waiting for it to cool down a bit more before trying in earnest.

Lunch, I have made a fresh loaf, cheese & pickle sarnie?
    Dinner, more LO chicken + salad
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Glad you are on the mend N2BT, just don't over do it!
    Damp and grey here today, Ari is back tonight after one night in his own bed lol as my sis is away with work tomorrow. He was very pleased to see her yesterday and she had a marvellous time in Athens.
    I'm still tender today so another quiet one.
    HM soup again for lunch and lamb keema fried rice for dinner. Easy Keema Rice - Khin's Kitchen (khinskitchen.com) I'm using up some pilau rice frozen after DS2's birthday takeaway. 
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Options
    I ate 5 Maryland cookies this morning after my bagel. I have to stop buying them as I can't trust myself around them!

I went out to the charity shop just now. It is very warm and sunny today. I had the heating on yesterday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback