PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,185 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    For once, the weather was nicer at the weekend than a work day, was in the office today so not too bothered about all the rain this morning 🙃

Strangely quiet and productive…must be the Easter wind down starting.

Portion of celery and Stilton soup for lunch, with the end of a granary loaf I found in the freezer. Made tenderstem broccoli and anchovy pasta tonight 😋
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,151 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dry here but definitely a little chilly again, I reluctantly took my arm out of bed to turn off the alarm ⏰ 

work was at a nice steady pace, just the boss and me working so I got more done than I usually do when trying to train as well.  I'm only working three days this week so just two more to go  🙂 and two months until retirement 💃  not that I'm counting 🤫

I lied yesterday when I said there were no LOs in the fridge I forgot I cooked extra sausages for another sausage sandwich for lunch today.  I steam roasted my half leg of lamb in the ninja for dinner with rosemary and garlic in the water in the bottom of the pot, the lamb, potatoes and parsnips in the basket 😋 just 35 minutes once it reached steam and then airfried for 10 minutes. It turned out really tender and veggies crisped whilst meat rested.  I cooked runner beans, purple sprouting and cavolo nero to go with it.  Plenty of LOs

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,279 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Weather undecided, cold, and some sun

Made last minute additions & changed to Asda order, some 15p Easter reduced price veggies added, but the green beans are OOS already so none of those for me.
    Lemons still on offer, just as well because the lime curd I made has nearly gone. :)

Lunch, a tin of soup for convenience
    Dinner, yesterday's cauliflower as cauliflower cheese, with use up pointy cabbage, boiled & well buttered.
    I'll have freezer rootle to see if anything suitable to add, but may just pop some frozen bangers in the oven along with the cauliflower cheese.
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone, 
    Hope your cat is okay Wednesday.
    Weather is still manky and even colder.
    More admin planned and later I want to cook chilli for tomorrow as family here tomorrow for dinner.
    LO pasta for lunch, the recipe is definitely on the make again list and the halloumi made a nice change. Chicken, rice and pea traybake for dinner.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,406 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Caronc. She has to have a heart scan on Thursday. I hope she will be okay just being put on medication.

I had crumpets with Flora and strawberry jam for breakfast.

I'm going to make a tofu egg salad sandwich for lunch. I'm going to try and eat soya everyday as I read it is good for peri-menopausal women. I wish I had some chives to go in it.
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,185 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Turned into a lovely day by mid morning so was glad I’d taken the chance to put a load through, mostly line dried 🙃

Nice steady wfh day.

LO pasta for lunch and usual early tea of beans with toast, off swimming in a bit.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,151 Forumite
    Options
    We had the opposite weather JKS it started nice then rained all afternoon and evening 

I didn't finish work until after 6.30pm tonight I was on my own this afternoon and lost track of the time, at least I managed to finish a annoying piece of work and email it out, let's hope they are happy with it.  At least tomorrow is my last day this week until Tuesday 🙂

using LO lamb for meals today so lamb and salad wrap for lunch and a LO roast dinner with new potatoes rather than roasties for dinner
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,406 Forumite
    Options
    I'm wondering if I did have Covid as I still have a slight cough even after all those antibiotics. I have vertigo on my left side as well. I did try and do an exercise to stop vertigo that I saw on YT yesterday as I remembered a GP doing that exercise with me. I do feel it helped a bit, but some people in the comments said they had to do it two or three times before it worked.

I probably said this on here before but I have been getting vertigo on and off since I caught mumps back in 2005? Such an annoying condition. A person on the comments said they do this exercise regularly to try and stop it recurring. I'm going to do it again later.

I am having some fresh fruit - banana, kiwi and apple. I was looking at lots of different recipes to cook tofu yesterday. I am going to make a vegan McMuffin with fried tofu and sausage and ketchup in a toasted muffin for brunch.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,279 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 27 March at 12:04PM
    Options
    Dull & getting darker, rain just started Brambling so no respite yet.

Asda delivery arrived about an hour early, I was up & about, said he was in the road for another delivery anyway so made sense to combine the drops. Suited me just fine.
    My Easter on offer lamb leg turned into Pork joint, so sent it back with the driver. I fancied lamb & have pork in the freezer.
    My on offer half salmon side is Use by tomorrow, arrghh  :s. Went online & have a full refund for that <3 , so free salmon for tonight's dinner :).

Lunch, something on toast
    Dinner, some near BBE salmon, baked in tin foil parcel in the oven, new spuds, 15p broccoli & 15p carrots
    Very MSE, cost about 50p for my dinner tonight which makes up for the "don't ask" Mark's sirloin steak the other night
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Another cold and wet one here today.
    Family here for dinner, I made a vat of chilli con carne yesterday so just sides to sort out later.
    I need to finalise my Easter menu.
    LO chicken traybake for lunch.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport