PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its turned out nice and sunny after some really miserable weather over the past couple of days. Trying to avoid the showers I popped out to the butcher shop and got some nice round steak to make a beef and veg stew for tonight.

Had the last of the ham and salad for lunch. Yesterday I used up the last of the freezer soup stock so I'll soak some split peas overnight and make a pea & ham soup tomorrow.  
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Usual Wednesday morning of offsite meetings, both long but I did at least get to wfh for the afternoon this week.

Had tuna, sweetcorn and spring onion mayo in a cheese topped roll with a bag of crisps for lunch.

Swimming early evening and have just had chicken and veg noodles made with the LO traybake Chinese chicken 😋
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A wet morning and the rain waited until I paid for parking near the osteopath to stop raining, just as I brought my ticket.  

After osteopath appointment lunch was a quick lamb and mint sauce sandwich when I got back. Last of the lamb for dinner stir fried with some veg and rice.  The lamb has been so nice I picked up a half price half leg in T Express when I went in for milk tonight and popped it in the freezer
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,230 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Very dark & ominous, gales & hail forecast for later, snow down Devon, so I guess I've got off lightly

Brambling said:

After osteopath appointment lunch was a quick lamb and mint sauce sandwich when I got back. Last of the lamb for dinner stir fried with some veg and rice.  The lamb has been so nice I picked up a half price half leg in T Express when I went in for milk tonight and popped it in the freezer
    Already missing my Asda on offer but out of stock lamb :'( , the free on BB date salmon is nice though.

Lunch, made a fresh loaf, so some free salmon + cuc in a sarnie
    Dinner, more free salmon, and if not absolutely awful cold & gloomy weather, with some salad bits
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Weather is still quite miserable here, we are hoping the rain holds off though as DS2 hopes to get the new fence posts dug in today. Hopefully with the jack hammer purchased last year it won't be too challenging. 
    A day of pottering for me.
    Fridge bits/LOs for lunch and HM chicken curry with rice and naan for dinner. 
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,374 Forumite
    Options
    It is raining here and has been all morning. I had toast and Flora and Marmite and a cup of Yorkshire tea as the weather called for it.
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It was absolutely beautiful at 6.30am with a clear sky and lovely spring sunshine which got me in the mood to get up and get going. Put a pot of split pea soup on, but by 8.30am when I was ready to go out to the fish shop the weather had changed to misty and windy and its not improved since.

I jumped on a bus to the SM for a few odds and ends, back in time for lunch which was the soup made earlier and I've 3 large portions for the freezer.

I have some cooked veg leftover from yesterday so thought I might try a veg and smoked haddock frittata/omelette type thing tonight - It's quite a large fillet so I'll probably only use about half of it and keep the rest for some fishcakes on Saturday.

• justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Very wet and quite windy here today.

More celery and Stilton soup with some granary bread for lunch. Out for tea 😋, which was a nice start to a long weekend, looking forward to catching up and pottering in the garden.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Options
    I met my friend in Chichester it started off wet and has ended up very windy 🌬️ so we moved from coffee to lunch to meeting her husband for afternoon tea 😁 they were cancelling some trains but luckily not mine.

i parked at my sister today as it is slightly closer to the station so came home via the SM so I could top up on fresh F&V before the weekend. I've been tasked with making cheese straws for the little ones second birthday party on Monday so needed cheese 

lunch out today so no dinner required 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,230 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Raining again this morning, shame for anyone hoping to get out this Good Friday.

Being so dank I had a bit of a lie in, I had intended to go down the volunteer garden & "do a bit" but rain stopped that, had a mushroom omelette for breakfast for a change

Lunch, sandwich of some sort, very undecided
    Dinner, more of the free salmon, again undecided with what, maybe a jacket spud?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback