PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had a cup of tea and a strawberry, banana and soya milk smoothie.

It doesn't feel as chilly as last night. I popped out to the shop and it was extremely windy!

I haven't anything planned. I never do anything for Easter. I just did the vacuuming downstairs and walked on my treadmill for 10 minutes. I'm about to have a bath.

I watched the new Road House film on Sky last night. I thought it was fairly dull!
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, 
    Fence building is in full swing between showers. 
    Had a quick tidy with two pooches helping...... Don't know why I bothered. Lamb shoulder us defrosting for Sunday. 
    Fridge use ups for lunch. Dinner usual Friday tbc. 
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Very sunshine and showers weather here, looking better for the next couple of days though 🤞

Had a very chilled good Friday, winding down into the long weekend. I’ve meal planned and shopped and done bits of tidying but I’ve also read and caught up on some programmes 🙃

Filled pasta with tuna, sweetcorn and sun dried tomatoes for lunch. Made a sausage, pepper and feta stew tonight, had half of it with some garlic bread and frozen the other half.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    edited 30 March at 3:04AM
    Options
    Having had yesterday off I've been totally confused as to what day it is 🙄 but as I've been convinced it is Saturday I shall enjoy the next three days off but I must remember not to put the clocks forward tonight  :D

Lazy day for me, my nephew came around this morning to do some pruning in the garden for me although he tells me it is too late for my acer tree. Both his lordship and not my cat kept him company with my PITA enjoyed two servants letting him in and out the front door 🙄

Sardines on toast for lunch.  I prepped dinner but after a couple of hot cross buns at 4pm was t hungry so just a couple of pieces of fruit for dinner at 9pm
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone, 
    I'm not looking forward to losing an hour tonight as today and tomorrow are going to be busy ones. 
    I plan to roast the lamb shoulder today as it takes 6 hours and just finish tomorrow, I'm trying a new bread recipe "Cypriot Seeded Loaf" so hoping it works. Again I'll cook it today and just refresh in the oven tomorrow.
    Rain stopped play yesterday but the new fencing minus the gate is up.  :) The kids are hoping to finish tomorrow when it's supposed to be dry. Even without the gate it makes the garden much more private.
    Fridge bits for lunch and pork rib chops tonight. 
    I probably won't get a chance to post tomorrow so hope everyone has a lovely Easter.

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,233 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sun's out, I had early start & did a spot of pruning up the volunteer place, came home with aching back as usual, at least co codamol works for me, so I know when to stop
    I watched the new Road House film on Sky last night. I thought it was fairly dull!
    I keep seeing it pop up on Amazon, but the reviews agree with you, so I watch something else while there's a choice

Lunch, something on toast, not sardines though, I had them the other day and it's fish again tonight
    Dinner, last of the free salmon, nuked jacket spud & salad bits
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I kept thinking it was Saturday yesterday as well Brambling.

I just had a vegan sausage roll for breakfast. A new bakery has opened near me and I used to always eat that at uni in the morning. I'm going to have to try and restrain myself from going there every day!

It feels nice and sunny. I might actually brave having bare legs today instead of my usual leggings or tights.

I was going to do a one pot pasta later.

• justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fell asleep before posting last night. I’m completely confused by what day it is 🙃

A lovely sunny day here yesterday (Saturday 😉). A bit of time pottering in the garden and also bought some plants.

Scrambled eggs and mushrooms on toast for lunch.

Went to an out of town retail park in the afternoon to do some much needed essentials clothes shopping, mostly covered by a voucher I had from work at Christmas. Ran a couple of other errands too.

Creamy steak, Stilton and tenderstem gnocchi for dinner 😋

Bit misty here this morning so might have to do indoor chores for a bit. Back later.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,233 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Changed from yesterday's sun to cloudy, but I enjoyed the sun while it lasted

The clock changing has messed me up now, but at least the wall clocks have put themselves right these days, using radio signals.

Lunch, defrosting a coup, of sausage rolls to reheat
    Dinner, A freezer shuffle later, probably be MFO RM unless I found a long forgotten wonder meal in there
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I was confused when I woke up as I didn't change the clocks before bed! My Fitbit reset itself as well and changed the start of the week to Sunday instead of Monday which confused me more, lol. I have just changed it back which was good as when I googled a lot of people said they couldn't reset theirs.

Horrible and grey outside today after being so nice yesterday.

I'm having some lemon water as I feel a bit sick as I ate some bombay mix about 1am before going to sleep. :o

I did win another £30 on the lottery. :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback