PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,757 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello all, our meals are a mix of cooking for one times two with the occasional day when our evening meals are the same. Yesterday the HT had petit pain and nutella for breakfast, cheese and ham toastie for lunch and mac'n'cheese with garlic dough balls for dinner. I had toast spread with peanut butter for breakfast, mushroom omelette for lunch and duck spring rolls (out of a box) with hoisin sauce for dinner. 

I haven't been shopping since before we were told to stay in but I have somehow managed to get a delivery slot for the 7th of April. Goodness knows what will be delivered as things seem to go in and out of stock daily. Like PN I've thought about going out shopping but thinking about it is as far as it goes. 

I'm using up the jam that I made last year on a scone (made by me) at supper time. I had the forethought to buy a bag of jam sugar on my last shopping expedition. The rhubarb is almost ready to pick and I have ginger too so I can make more if I need/want to. The HT is having home made brownies for supper with a packet of crisps. The crisps are probably the only thing that I stockpiled and that was unintentional. The last type that he asked for were only stocked in the huge Tesc0 that I don't go to very often and were on special offer. I bought lots on the grounds that I wasn't going back any time soon. Right conclusion, wrong reason.....

Take care all of you and PN, good to see you posting. 
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    candygirl said:
    Am boiling today, with a high temp of 38.8, n tired , so have been taking paras, n lots of vimto.
    Am going to bung some Linda McCartney sausage rolls in the air fryer, n eat them cold with HP n peas.I can't eat them warm as they taste too " meaty" 😁
    Stay safe everyone, especially PN! 😯
    Brambling said:

I watched a bit of the news tonight and although I hate and fear the reason it was built you have to be really impressed at the speed they have created NHS Nightingale, the armed forces can certainly get things done
    How do you feel now Candygirl?
    It is impressive Brambling
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have had a smoothie this morning and then crisps and some toast at lunch.

I'm going to have a burger with HM fries later.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good afternoon everyone, 
    Hope you are feeling okay today CG?
    Oh PN what a horrible situation to be living in, I couldn't cope with it at all.
    Dry and sunnyish here today but still pretty chilly. I pottered about in the garden late morning and have my mini pots ready to plant tom seeds in once I've had my nap. Wonky donkey is having a tap in the background, just gently and I'm hoping it will settle down if I watch what I'm doing for a few days. I'd rather he didn't decide to have an outing...
    Cauli soup and half a cheese and ham toasted wrap for lunch. Broccoli and spinach and pesto pasta for dinner this evening. I wonder what we'll watch now we have finished watching The Tiger King real carcrash TV but compulsive viewing.... 
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,199 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    The sun warmed up well, peas now planted out, let's hope by the time I get picking we are able to go out a bit more
    Spuds chipped, only needs salad bits washing & cutting then dinner is done
    Neighbour has given me a large going over ripe banana, I feel banana bread coming on with my newly acquired SR flour :)
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 March 2020 at 5:11PM
    Don't quote, will delete ..... just whinging again. 

So, she came home (10am) put washing on and hung it out (11.30).  2.40 went out .. hurrah.  3pm back in ... boo. 

Then another twist to "how to be a far quit"... at 3pm the washing was removed and the car went... I thought she'd left again ... but no.  She'd taken the car from the MASSIVE drive... massive .... huge.... and put it out on the road so there'd be no way for me to slide into my car and pop out without having to ask ...

Why'd you do that?  Your car is parked in your large driveway ... and my car in there too .... so why'd you go out of your way to move your car out just to block the whole driveway?  

Bizarre

EDIT1: 5pm, odd noises going on ... trying to guesstimate what noises are when somebody's probably trying to sneak things about ... I'd bet I heard a small wheeled suitcase ... LL has gone out.  I'd not be surprised if that's it for 1-2 days now. 
  • PasturesNew
    candygirl said:
    Can You not just cut Your losses n rent somewhere else ?  :(
    Not much choice around.... prices are high.  It could cost me £4-5k if I bail out now and have to rent something much pricier....  it's difficult to measure cost.  Amount I've paid to be here that I'd lose if I left is £1800.  So it'd be an £1800 loss if I rented something the same price. But, anything else would most likely cost more + bills.  So it soon starts adding up.  And the budget's already "not quite enough" to find somewhere to buy, so every £1k counts. 
  • PasturesNew
    Just back from popping out. First outing in six days.  I "stocked up"... starting to get 4rse sores round the coccyx area from sitting/lying in bed too long/often, so I had to grab some cream (any cream, just cream you've no idea what you want/need and just need to get in/out)..... 

Back home now with: A loaf of bread, pot of tuna/sweetcorn sandwich filler, pack of flatbreads, pot of salmon paste, 2 jars of coffee, 3 chocolate bars, pack of samosas, 2 bleach, 2 packs of loo roll, 2 5-packs of doritos, bag of favourite choccies. 

Sitting here eating a tuna/sweetcorn sandwich :) 

Landlady didn't reappear last night at all; I went out, no car.... came back and she's present.   I wonder if she'll be having a sleepover every night. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback