What are you making for dinner?

edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10.1K replies 616.5K views
19769779799819821007

Replies

  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't be on my feet for long atm so OH had cajun jackfruit with rice and i had chicken in white sauce with rice.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16


  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    kerri_gt said:
    Can't be on my feet for long atm so OH had cajun jackfruit with rice and i had chicken in white sauce with rice.
    Sounds like the OH should be in charge of the cooking then!  And the washing up!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brie said:
    kerri_gt said:
    Can't be on my feet for long atm so OH had cajun jackfruit with rice and i had chicken in white sauce with rice.
    Sounds like the OH should be in charge of the cooking then!  And the washing up!!!
    To be fair to him he did help  :)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16


  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chicken and chorizo with mushrooms, peppers and spinach 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

    £300/£130
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope your leg is feeling better today @kerri_gt.

    I've made a meat and veg bolognese sauce (still harvesting courgettes, so I've grated one of those to add alongside the peppers etc). I'll turn it into a pasta bake, probably with the addition of some cheese sauce sloshed over the top and baked until golden and bubbly. I'm craving lots of comfort food now that the weather is getting cooler.
  • goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I made a huge slow cooker pot of chestnut mushroom and barley soup and managed to use up all the pearl barley that had been hanging around for ages, some porcini stock that had been cluttering up the fridge as well as some red lentils that I threw in to thicken it at the last minute.  The recipe said it made four portions but mine has turned out more like six or even eight so that's all to the good.
    I ate it with a couple of slices of brown toast with a scraping of marmite and had a passion fruit for pud with some coffee.

    Air
    , n. A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the fattening of the poor. 

    from The Devil's Dictionary
    by Ambrose Bierce
  • MandM90MandM90 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    goldfinches that soup sounds lush.

    Lentil and mushroom spag bol here tonight. Have already put everything in the slow cooker so tonight I will cook off pasta and garlic bread and assemble a salad.
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C_J said:
    Hope your leg is feeling better today @kerri_gt.

    I've made a meat and veg bolognese sauce (still harvesting courgettes, so I've grated one of those to add alongside the peppers etc). I'll turn it into a pasta bake, probably with the addition of some cheese sauce sloshed over the top and baked until golden and bubbly. I'm craving lots of comfort food now that the weather is getting cooler.
    Thanks C_J. Ended up with my drugs for it last night and not really a good evening with it but hoping with the cream plus 3 days on antibiotics I might turn the corner soon. I got stung by a wasp last week and it's become infected - ugh! 

    Anyway, did manage to stand long enough to throw together a sweet n sour (jar of sauce, added quorn pieces, chopped pepper that I'd accidentally left out the freezer, pineapple that I'd prev frozen and some sugar snap peas. Also used LO rice from the night before to make up some egg fried rice. All came together rather nicely esp considering the circumstances.  

    Tonight might be the same reheated. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16


  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    kerri_gt said:  I got stung by a wasp last week and it's become infected - ugh! 

    Ouchy!!  

    I have some red peppers that are on the verge so need to get them prepped and into the freezer rather than wasting them.  

    Dinner tonight is ricotta and spinach ravioli.  I've got salad makings so will prep that and let the OH do the rest.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chilli stuffed peppers here.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

    £300/£130
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides