What are you making for dinner?

edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10.1K replies 617.5K views

Replies

• BrieBrie Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Went for a long drive yesterday all the way across the border into Devon to get to Miller's Farm shop in Kilmington.  Excellent place should you be in the area.  OH picked up the most humongous steak pasty - it was at least 8 inches long and 6 across and 2 high - and was cheaper than any available on our local pasty shop.  I got a much more dainty cheese and onion one as the OH is not good at sharing.  (beans for the OH & a jacket tater for me)  I've got half my pasty left too!

tonight is pheasant, new potatoes and salad - Miller's had 2 romaine for 50p so it was hard to say no.  They also had a lovely selection of squashes and pumpkins so we're sorted for a while.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnocchi with garlic and onion tomato sauce and the other half of the caramelised onion and cheese flatbread.

Have had a bit of a day today so not up to cooking anything that needed lots of prep or kitchen time.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• KJSamKJSam Forumite
    4 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Salad: canned corn, tomatoes, olives, bell pepper
    Main dish: frozen vegetables mix, frozen fish cooked in fried onions and mushroom

Cheap, healthy and good!
  • MandM90MandM90 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    In laws came for lunch today. I am too tired to manage anything fancy so did a huge pot of burnt aubergine chilli and some rice. It went down well. MIL brought a lovely big vegan Guinness cake with whisky icing and raspberries. Yum.
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steak and asparagus tonight, quick dinner after a busy day
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    @Islandmaid - got some maple syrup and a recipe which I'm going to give to my meat guy and see if he will do me some peameal bacon!  Recipe is for 4+ kilos so I think I might have to freeze some - assuming he does a full pork loin.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • ElishebaElisheba Forumite
    460 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Tonight will be veggie sausage, mash and peas if I am hungry enough.  Lunch was a not very healthy HM bread and marmalade and some HM cookies and I'm stuffed.  If I don't get hungry enough for dinner I'll just have some boiled eggs and soldiers I think.
    Live the good life where you have been planted.
    Debt: September: £14946.72/£21,510.17

My Frugal, Thrifty Moneysaving Diary
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Home made spicy turkey burgers in brioche buns with salad and a few cheeky chips.
  • SmooshSmoosh Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Teriyaki noodles with beansprouts and broccoli. Plus Quorn chicken and mushrooms for OH. With vegetable spring rolls for me and duck spring rolls for him. 
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Brie sound good 👍
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130