edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10.1K replies 616.9K views

Replies

• BrieBrie Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    @Islandmaid
    Love a merguez!!  but if one isn't into spicy......

Pork chops with lentils have been promised for tonight.  Oh look - it's nearly wine o'clock!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still can't stand for too long...after two more docs visits it would appear that most likely penicillin and myself do not get along well. But on the plus side, it looks like I took it long enough to sort the infection - still not had a decent night's sleep but there is the potential prospect I might in a few days time.

Dinner tonight was Aldi plant sausage rolls, instant mash (as no way I could stand to peel spuds plus stand over a hot stove to mash) and spaghetti hoops. Proper comfort nosh.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    @kerri_gt hope your okay x  I can’t have Penicillin, the last time I was given it, I came too in a bathroom after the door had been smashed down by the fire brigade 30+ years ago, my reaction had gotten progressively worse each time I had it upto that point,  the GP’s taken it a bit more seriously since 😁 they say it’s not hereditary, but my dad and brother are fatally allergic to it too 🤷‍♀️ 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    @kerri_gt - sounds very ouchy indeed, I hope things improve soon.

I had another portion of the sweet potatoes in tomato, cardamom and lime sauce over cous cous with tiny pickled cucumbers and a carrot salad followed by coffee.

Air
    , n. A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the fattening of the poor. 

from The Devil's Dictionary
    by Ambrose Bierce
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shepherds pie with cauliflower mash topping - Autumn has arrived 😊
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit of a mixed up use-it-up dinner for us tonight, as I am trying valiantly to free up some space in one of the freezers ready for Christmas stuff.

I have unearthed a single portion of some leftover slow cooked Mexican beef with orange, which I have bulked out with a bit of rice and some kidney beans to use as a filling for some halved red and green peppers which will get roasted.

While the oven is on, I’ll make a sponge base to top with some red cherry compote, also from the freezer. It must have been from last year’s cherries as we had a very meagre harvest of them this year!

I can see daylight in one freezer drawer now (just!). 🤣
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all

I’ve posted in here too sporadically. I want to do it again cause I enjoy it 

tonight 

roast chicken (got it reduced)
    roast potatoes
    peas, sweetcorn and carrots
    gravy
    cranberry sauce 
    :money::rotfl::T
  • FrugalistaFrugalista Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I had another portion of the sweet potatoes in tomato, cardamom and lime sauce over cous cous with tiny pickled cucumbers and a carrot salad followed by coffee.
    Any chance of the recipe, pretty please?
    "Men are generally more careful of the breed(ing) of their horses and dogs than of their children" - William Penn 1644-1718
  • arielgirlarielgirl Forumite
    328 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    mash potato and smoked fish
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thai red jackfruit curry with rice.
    And a couple of GOSH sweet potato pakora balls as they needed using up. Fusion food 😂
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16