edited 3 May 2020 at 12:05AM in Old Style MoneySaving
9.8K replies 601.4K views

Replies

• BrieBrie Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I need ideas. 

OH is still poorly so still no rib of beef, and besides I expect it will require the charcoal bbq rather than the propane so not likely with the rain.  

So I'll go shopping in a bit to see what's available.  Unless OH convinces me that KFC is an cure for what ails us. 

We finally had the pork chops and peppers with brown and wild rice last night so potentially it will be something with potatoes or bread or pasta.  I do have some frozen cauliflower hash browns that i bought (from Tescos?) working on the assumption that the cauli is better for me than potatoes.  Might be interesting to try those....with.....????

Will also be looking for the tinned artichoke hearts!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭

@Brie - the meringues have been a complete failure so far, these are the best of my first try

and these are the results of my second attempt from a different recipe.

I'm just about to have a third go with yet another recipe and this time I'll be using a commercial egg substitute rather than aquafaba so I hope to have some good news to report later on.

Air
    , n. A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the fattening of the poor. 

from The Devil's Dictionary
    by Ambrose Bierce
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @goldfinches sorry to hear the aquafaba meringues didn't quite work out - if you ask f0xh0les on the forum I believe she might be able to offer some tips / hints as makes them on a reasonably regular basis. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JILJIL Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had roasted veg with filled pasta and mozzarella.  
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gambas pil-pil and calamari tonight with salad and bread for his nibs 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Gambas pil-pil and calamari tonight with salad and bread for his nibs 
    what?  pil-pil??
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭

£300/£130
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1K Posts
    ✭✭✭

Oh - nice website!!  Have you ever ordered from them??
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Brie yes, I love their stuff. Be careful, this site is dangerous to your wallet 😂 Big fan of Spanish food, their cooking chorizo is delicious, their iberico pork too 

£300/£130
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Anniversary is coming up and we had a lovely time in some Spanish cities a few years back - absolutely loved their markets and ended up bringing back about £200 of amazing ham.  Not surprising really - any travel we do we end up bringing back edibles.

Meanwhile trying to sort tonight's supper - I have a couple of chicken kievs which would do nicely.  I'm out I think tomorrow evening (sadly a memorial gathering) so OH is considering going to the chippy.  Best I avoid that.