What are you making for dinner?

edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10K replies 613.9K views

Replies

• C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I batch cooked a ginormous vat o' Bolognese sauce this morning, so we'll be having some of that as spag bol and the rest has been portioned up for the freezer. For dessert I have made mango fool, with pureed mango, whipped cream and home made thick custard which has used up the glut of hen's eggs nicely.
  • csarina2csarina2 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corned beef and salad, HM potato salad and beetroot, followed by raspberries and cream.
    Target figure £5,500/£3412.05
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ooh, delicious IM!!!
  • goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    @Islandmaid - that lobster almost makes me want to eat shellfish again, it looks wonderful.

I made moroccan couscous with dates, raisins, chickpeas, flaked almonds, preserved lemons and parsley and roasted some green peppers to go with it. Three portions are now sitting in the fridge for tomorrow and Monday lunch which means I'll get a clear run at aquafaba meringues tomorrow. It's my first attempt at them and I've carefully saved the chickpea water from this evening to use so I'm hoping I get a good result.

Air
    , n. A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the fattening of the poor. 

from The Devil's Dictionary
    by Ambrose Bierce
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IM that all looks amazing (reminds me how I miss your blog).
    I love lobster but wouldn't know where to start to cook one. When I'm on business in Boston I always try and have a lobster roll, they're so cheap over there. Sadly still no travel for me so haven't had one in a long time now....first world problems eh? 😳

Last night was spinach and ricotta cannelloni ping dinner.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    More deliciousness, IM.

We’re having roast chicken with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese and broad beans (all veg from the garden) but now all I want is barbecued short ribs!
  • rachsecretrachsecret Forumite
    364 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I had a friend round yesterday so made chorizo and celeriac tortilla with salad (home-grown lettuce).

Today I am making chicken in a creamy garlic and lemon sauce with artichoke hearts. Serving it with home grown green beans, cauliflower and celeriac dauphinoise.

• BrieBrie Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    kerri_gt said:
    IM that all looks amazing (reminds me how I miss your blog).
    I love lobster but wouldn't know where to start to cook one. When I'm on business in Boston I always try and have a lobster roll, they're so cheap over there. Sadly still no travel for me so haven't had one in a long time now....first world problems eh? 😳

Last night was spinach and ricotta cannelloni ping dinner.
    I've loved travelling around Maine and Massachusetts enjoying all the lobster. Even MacDonalds did a McLobster sandwich.

Rib of beef planned for tonight is delayed again due to OH continuing to have a hacking cough. (cold not covid)  So it's pork chops and peppers bbqd on either rice or cous cous.  

Likewise this morning's normal fish breakfast was replaced by simple bacon rolls.  OH normally has kippers or smoked halibut and poached eggs.  Mine is normally grilled salmon and sliced tomatoes.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”