PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• ladymarmalade
    Options
    Tonight, we are having lamb steaks with homemade oven baked chips, pea crush, brocolli and gravy.

I wil then also be prepping the lunches for work tomorrow which will be chicken with salad, carrot sticks and hummus.
    :cool:"More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them." - Harold J. Smith:cool:
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Last night was bolognaise potato bake with a crisp side salad
    maddiemay - would you please share your recipe please.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Red lentil curry with brown rice. I'm using a jarred sauce as they were on offer.:)
  • foxyloxy11
    Options
    HM slow cooker curry and I've just had a quick taste and it's delicious. having it with mini poppadums' and mango chutney.
    For pud left over Cheesecake for DH that i made him yesterday
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am still in the post-flu recovery period, in which I have no energy, appetite or inspiration! I made two pork, beef and sausagemeat meatloaves a few weeks back and have defrosted one of those to have for supper tonight with mashed potatoes, peas and gravy.

I have crushed up a pack of meringue nests and mixed them with whipped double cream, a pack of frozen raspberries and a pack of Aldi super six blueberries to make a fruit Eton Mess for puddings over the next couple of nights.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've been having a cookathon, made a cheese sauce and made this into cauliflower cheese and a macaroni and broccoli cheese. Portions have gone in freezer, a tray of shortbread, granola bars, lentil and bacon soups, a berry and apple crumble, a load of mashed potatoes, a pork joint, a nut roast.

For dinner it will be nut roast, pork roast, roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, sprouts, carrots and green beans, yorkshire and gravy.

Tomorrow it will be the same.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    maddiemay - would you please share your recipe please.

Polly, it is a bit of a chuck it together and see how it comes out meal, but OH who really likes tatties loves it. I am GF so use cornflour for the sauce

I freeze a mince/tomato/ lentil/veg mixture in portions for two then defrost. Thinly (ish) slice some tatties (used 1 medium and 2 smaller ones yesterday (I eat a mini helping and OH average but not large).

Rather like a lasagne put layer of tatties, thin layer of cheese sauce/bechemel, layer of bolognaise, then tatties and finish with sauce. If cooked in oven nice with breadcrumb/grated cheese topping, I usually use small Remoska so don't really get the crispy topping and don't bother.

Bake until bubbling/crispy and a pointy knife proves the potatoes are cooked. 50 minutes/ 1 hour depending on thinness of potatoes. Good with a side salad or a selection of steamed veggies. Any leftovers are zapped in the mw for next day lunch.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rump steak with sliced spuds, flat mushroom, onions and green beans. I might make a quick blue cheese sauce with it.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Polly, it is a bit of a chuck it together and see how it comes out meal, but OH who really likes tatties loves it. I am GF so use cornflour for the sauce

I freeze a mince/tomato/ lentil/veg mixture in portions for two then defrost. Thinly (ish) slice some tatties (used 1 medium and 2 smaller ones yesterday (I eat a mini helping and OH average but not large).

Rather like a lasagne put layer of tatties, thin layer of cheese sauce/bechemel, layer of bolognaise, then tatties and finish with sauce. If cooked in oven nice with breadcrumb/grated cheese topping, I usually use small Remoska so don't really get the crispy topping and don't bother.

Bake until bubbling/crispy and a pointy knife proves the potatoes are cooked. 50 minutes/ 1 hour depending on thinness of potatoes. Good with a side salad or a selection of steamed veggies. Any leftovers are zapped in the mw for next day lunch.

I do something similar but with only a cheese sauce over the top - we call it "rounders" - no idea why but that's what my dad used to call it!

Denise
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Dinner ended up being beef casserole from the freezer and a giant Yorkshire pudding for me, OH had been picking and I made cheese on toast earlier so he wasn't hungry.

Stir fry bumped to tomorrow.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family