PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Roast, well, slow cooked chicken with all,the trimmings - Cooked it yesterday, the rest was left in the SC over night for stock for our soup lunches this week, thinking either Thai style or our new favorite Chicken and Sweetcorn - Both Yum...

HM Trifle for pud

Sorry to hear of so many of you off food due to stress - I am the other way round- stressed, eat - happy, eat - sad, eat.... no wonder I struggle with my weight :o
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Breakfast today is smoked mackerel on spinach, lunch will be spicy chicken wings with salad, and dinner tonight is lamb rogan josh (hm from the freezer) with naan bread. Easy peasy day.

We have three very full freezers, so I'm on a mission to run them down.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lunch today will be poached eggs on toast and supper will be sausage and mash with peas and gravy. Fat free 99 calorie yoghurt for pudding and black coffee to finish.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Pork Goulash today, in the slow cooker.
    Served with tagliatelli.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ham in coke in the slow cooker with roast and veg
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    melanzana wrote: »
    My appetite has gone fully now. Nothing appeals anymore. I could be ill couldn't I, but I ain't losing any weight either! Hopefully it is a phase, but it has been lasting a good while now.

Anyway, not to depress you all, I am having a totally carb filled bit of grub. It is the only thing that entices me at the moment so I will grab and go.

Potato gratin with cheese. It smells gorgeous from the oven. But unfortunately when I take it out I feel I cannot eat it. Oh dear.

Has anyone else had this?

Doctor says it is anxiety related. But she did not give me any other advice! And I will admit that life is a bit meh at the moment. But it's workable. Maybe I am just a wimp.

Sorry if I intruded too much on the foodie element. Best wishes.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling 100%. I go through phases where I lose inspiration with food and cba. Do you have any idea what is causing the anxiety? It might sound silly but perhaps try a few little children's meals to get you back on the food wagon? Sometimes if I've been off food because of illness or something I then struggle to want to eat even when I'm feeling better - it's like I'm competing with myself between eat or not eat.

Well I'm afraid yesterday was largely spent in the public house partaking of sport watching with OH so we stopped at the kebab shop on the way home and dinner was garlic bread and chips :o OH also had a veggie burger. So today will be something far healthier such as stir fry when we've got our act together later.
    I must go out tomorrow and get some proper food in.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Lance_De_Boils
    Options
    A huge dish of oxo roast potatoes.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chicken casserole and herby dumplings
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Last night was bolognaise potato bake with a crisp side salad, lunch today was the remainder of the chicken, mushroom and vegetable broth, supper is a bit of an unknown atm, I meant to extract something from the freezer, but forgot. I have some GF pastry to use so might have a baking session and make a cake, some GF savoury snacks and perhaps try and concoct some pasties with some thawed cooked chicken from the fridge, don't have anything GF to thicken a sauce or gravy to add in tho', failing that some cod fillets will cook from frozen:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Lunch was a ham salad sandwich and a green smoothie. Tonight we're having roast leg of pork, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, green beans, stuffing and gravy. Might do yorkshire pudding as well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure