PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wagu quarter pounder with sweet potato fries, HM coleslaw - no bun for me

HM Chocolate brownie and Icecream for the menfolk, I will have a couple of bits of very dark choc ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Healthy-ish breakfast of muesli, yogurt and strawberries just had. Not sure what lunch will be, but dinner will be 'roast' beef. It's in the slow cooker now.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,634 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good ole spag bol for us tonight. Will use up various odds and ends of veg in the fridge drawer.

Denise
  • creative_gal
    Options
    I made sausage pasta last night, and hubby will be cooking gammon steaks, oven chips and either peas or broccoli tonight.
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Prawn and chorizo rissoto.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • SilverBird_2
    Options
    Tonight's meal will be steak pie, roasties, veg and gravy with fresh fruit for dessert.
    #Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain #We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us #If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead - Gusteau/RatatouilleGC 2022: £0/£2,500 total spend
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Chicken and mushroom pie, carrots, peas, roast potatoes and gravy tonight.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Tonight we're having the other pack of cooking bacon, I saved the best.
    They're like bacon chops, so will have those with new potatoes, peas and egg.

A good evening with friends scuppered last night's plan so I just chucked some Young's Gastro fish in the oven and had that with new potatoes and peas.

Tonight is a beef mince casserole with carrots & turnip with an oxtail soup base. Last of a batch in the freezer.
    Will have with mash and Savoy cabbage.
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My appetite has gone fully now. Nothing appeals anymore. I could be ill couldn't I, but I ain't losing any weight either! Hopefully it is a phase, but it has been lasting a good while now.

Anyway, not to depress you all, I am having a totally carb filled bit of grub. It is the only thing that entices me at the moment so I will grab and go.

Potato gratin with cheese. It smells gorgeous from the oven. But unfortunately when I take it out I feel I cannot eat it. Oh dear.

Has anyone else had this?

Doctor says it is anxiety related. But she did not give me any other advice! And I will admit that life is a bit meh at the moment. But it's workable. Maybe I am just a wimp.

Sorry if I intruded too much on the foodie element. Best wishes.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Pad Thai tonight. I used a kit and it was delicious.

Melanzana I can't eat if I am upset either.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family