PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mayflower Chinese curry with rice for family and carrot fries for me (I'm having a SP day on Slimming World
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,567 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Lunch today was the last of the 2 pea soup with bread. Dinner tonight will be a sausage pilaf with roasted vegetables - this is a new to me recipe so hope it's nice as it's fairly cheap to make.

Denise

Just reporting back! The sausage pilaf was really nice and it's a definite keeper (also works as a Slimming World recipe if anyone's doing SW!). Recipe said to use microwave rice but I just cooked some basmati rice and used that.

Denise
  • foxyloxy11
    Options
    homemade onion soup and cheesy rolls
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Home-made lamb burgers for us tonight.
    I took 500gm of mince out of the freezer for this on Monday:
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Home made doner kebab
    and decided that it would be too much for the 2 of us so nicked some for burgers.
    Very MSE. :D
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    Hi
    Lunch sardines on toast.
    Dinner roasted red pepper and tomato soup, with bread and cheese. Orange for pud.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Dinner will either be pasta with a couple of those mushroom sausages I cut up added in (three left as OH nicked one to 'try' last night) or veggie chilli - which I'll make anyway but is usually better the next day if i can get OH to stay away from it lol.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Lunch today will be hm chicken noodle soup and tonight we're having hm lasagne with garlic bread and veg/salad.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm still finding it exhausting to cook from scratch after a busy day from work - it's three weeks since I had the "flu" bug that was going around, but I'm still not up to par yet. I've had to deviate from the menu plan this week and I didn't think I'd be up to making the planned white fish poached in orange and honey with a spicy green lentil side dish (I'll do that on Saturday instead, when I have more time) and before leaving for work this morning just grabbed a two-portion tub of hm chicken and vegetable curry from the freezer to defrost while I'm out. Thank heavens for batch cooking on days like this!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,567 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I made a curry yesterday using some of the the LO roast chicken from Sunday so we'll be having that with some rice for dinner tonight.

We're having jacket potatoes with tuna mayo for lunch so a nice easy cooking day today!

Denise
  • Jaymie_kate
    Options
    Hi everyone! Glad to have stumbled upon this thread. :) For lunch will have steamed tuna with garlic bread and spaghetti and dinner will be roasted chicken, corn soup with bread and cheese.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback