PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's a good bit of kit is the Foreman, we use it for salmon, chicken, gammon, veg (asparagus is particularly yummy) and have even done toasted sandwiches in it successfully. I like it because of the amount of run off fats and oils that collect in the little container beneath the grill plates, I think it's a healthy way of producing a nice meal. Mine lives out on the work surface in full view so I remember it's there to use (DD's does too) I think it was a worthwhile investment.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Doing Pork Chops with Rhubarb & mixed grain tonight.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Mrs LW. I'm going to the Sue Ryder sales at Nettlebed again this Saturday and they always have a Foreman grill or two for sale for about a fiver so I may go mad and get myself one. I do love a gadget :)
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    C_J wrote: »
    Thanks Mrs LW. I'm going to the Sue Ryder sales at Nettlebed again this Saturday and they always have a Foreman grill or two for sale for about a fiver so I may go mad and get myself one. I do love a gadget :)

For a fiver it's worth a try - worst case you can always car boot it or give it back to charity if you don't use it.

OH is having some LO macaroni cheese tonight I think, I'm channelling CJ and having some kind of casserole thing that I found in the freezer (it might be oxtail, or perhaps lamb, or beef and Guinness - or none of the above) with some LO beans and Jersey Royals.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Tonight's dinner will be hm quiche, home cooked ham, jersey royals, salad and coleslaw.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck with your mystery casserole tonight Kerri. I don't know why I continue this mad habit of chucking something into the freezer unlabelled and assuming I will remember what it it several months later. When I am super busy, I can barely remember what I was doing yesterday.

When searching through the freezer drawers yesterday I found several neatly portioned-up (unlabelled) packs of what looked like a meat pie filling. I took one out and defrosted it, and realise now that it is home cooked ox heart and lamb liver FOR THE DOG.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    C_J wrote: »
    Good luck with your mystery casserole tonight Kerri. I don't know why I continue this mad habit of chucking something into the freezer unlabelled and assuming I will remember what it it several months later. When I am super busy, I can barely remember what I was doing yesterday.

When searching through the freezer drawers yesterday I found several neatly portioned-up (unlabelled) packs of what looked like a meat pie filling. I took one out and defrosted it, and realise now that it is home cooked ox heart and lamb liver FOR THE DOG.

Turned out mine was oxtail casserole. Actually enough for today and tomorrow once I added some more beans.

Ohhh....I take it you didn't decide to turn the dog dinner into a pie for people then? :eek: I tried my cat on some offal once (liver or kidney, whichever is supposed to be good for them)...she turned her nose up. Snooty moggie :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fish cakes and chips for the men, melt in the middle burgers and salad for me :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Absolutely nothing prepared for dinner tonight, im so annoyed with myself !!!8211; it does mean the cusine world is my oyster though :rofl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    He Who Knows has a steak and I have a turkey schnitzle which we'll have with new potatoes, peas and carrots and then some rhubarb compote from the allotment rhubarb which is still going strong with Greek yoghurt and our usual cup of coffee.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback