PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    The butcher's steaks we had last night were amazing - won't be buying supermarket ones ever again.

Something quick and easy tonight as DH is at cricket this afternoon (weather permitting), and after seeing JIL's post above, am quite fancying egg and chips. Think I have some butcher's smoked back bacon in the freezer so will dig that out as well.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fakeaway tonight, piri piri chicken using the seasoning sachet from Aldi, hallomi in a crispy crumb, coleslaw, corn on the cob, spicy rice, sweet potato wedges and spicy rice.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 9 June 2018 at 8:31PM
    Options
    Had a mega spendy day, on the mainland today no MSE :(

Lunch out - the most delicious belly pork with purple sprouting broccoli and bacon - DH had chips too.

Then picked up our new car, came home - didn't get back till late, so took new car for a 'spin' and stopped at our favourite pub/restaurant for dinner - cauliflower croquettes, garlic chicken and asparagus for me, Chciken Liver Parfait and Hand raised steak pie and mash for DH

Spent way too much, but it was budgeted for and doesn't happen everyday
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Just made home HM chicken nuggets using a chicken breast that had today's date on...5 went in the freezer and I've just had the other 3...omg so good, used panko crumbs. So much nicer than any kind of shop nuggets (which I never buy, just the odd Golden Arches ones)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Had a mega spendy day, on the mainland today no MSE :(

Lunch out - the most delicious belly pork with purple sprouting broccoli and bacon - DH had chips too.

That sounds lovely, do you mind saying where on the mainland you went for lunch. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The rest of the sausages and lentils on a jacket sweet potato with whatever fresh veg there are in the fridge. Gooseberry compote and cream for dessert and a cup of black coffee to finish.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 June 2018 at 5:18PM
    Options
    That sounds lovely, do you mind saying where on the mainland you went for lunch. Thanks.

http://hiltonburyfarmhouse.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/524/2018/05/May-Menu.pdf

It was a random choice, but lovely :D

Chicken salad today - yum
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We were going to have meatballs today, but going to finish yesterday's BBQ stuff instead.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Last night was gammon, egg and chips with peas.

Tonight is going to be pork loin chops with roast spuds, carrots and broccoli, and gravy.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Tonight we're having roast chicken, local new spuds, carrots, broc, stuffing, roast potatoes and gravy. For pud there'll be hm baked ricotta cheesecake with homegrown strawberries (3 each :rotfl: )
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback