PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Chook tonight; organic thighs from Sainsbos. Wild garlic and fennel with it, possibly a traybake as we have aubergine and courgettes too. 
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Garlic and herb Roasted chicken thighs with garlic green beans
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,384 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    More chicken thighs here.  I have 2 packs in the fridge, one plain and one with bbq sauce already on them.  Need to decide....  There was a 2fer at Lidl for baguettes so one of those is still available, salad too likely.  

As a treat - a wholesaler discovered he had 8 big boxes of toffee and fudge muffins with a BBD of today so delivered them to the food bank.  Lidl also had an excess of baked stuff from the weekend so we've got those as well and ran out of freezer space so all of us there today were ordered to take what we wanted.  So we've got these big fat muffins to had as well.  Glad that coming from a place that is a good cause they have no calories in them.  Right!??
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    Chicken saag tonight, with rice and naan for himself

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Awww Frank, what a gorgeous boy you are!

I am making a pan of chilli con carne for tonight because Mister CJ says he really fancies it, but I’m not convinced it’s a good idea as he’s had an upset stomach for the past few days (not sure if he’s got a bug, or whether the chemo is messing with him) and I really don’t want to make things worse for him!
  • Brie
    edited 8 May at 4:08PM
    Options
    somewhat home made pizza tonight.  store bought bases but we're building them up from there.  OH commented that the bases are pretty small (unlike our tummies) so I've pulled out the last 2 pitas in case he wants to pizza those as well.  I got a tin of anchovies and another of sardines as I know he likes those.  Not sure if I'll have the same or go for the chorizo.  

Oh and thank you for adding the lovely pic of Frank.  Must say he doesn't look too pleased with the photoshoot!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    @Brie it was at our last BBQ and he was not pleased at not being given food - we should have called him Pinocchio as he thinks he’s a real boy 🤣

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Options
    @Brie it was at our last BBQ and he was not pleased at not being given food - we should have called him Pinocchio as he thinks he’s a real boy 🤣
    There's a FB group called Disapproving Cats.  Frank would fit right in!!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Spanish chicken and rice.

I'm still hungry and am craving rice pudding, which would be a silly pudding after rice in the main course! I might cook something else. 
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Was a bit rushed today. I got a reduced chicken from m&s. Husband cooked it whilst I had a haircut. Had it with salad and baby new potatoes. I had leftover quiche from monday.

@Frith my husband loves rice pudding. I made one in the slowcooker on Sunday. He has it for breakfast.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback