PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Got some huge chicken breasts so will make chicken with mushrooms and asparagus, over mash for him, on its own for me.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm doing roast beef and Yorkshire puddings, will plate up extras for the inlaws for tomorrow. Will do cauliflower cheese with it, got a cauliflower yesterday, looked in three shops, every cauliflower was yellow in colour and scraggly. Perhaps the time of year.

I will do my usual cook a thon today, whilst the oven is on. I have sausage rolls, an irish soda bread, parkin and quiche on the list today. 
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    @JIL ooooh Parkin, that takes me back to when I was little 🥰

£300/£130
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    We ended up taking Frank for a long walk along the front from Cowes to Gurnard, and then popped in to get Frank a bowl of water at a local pub, which happened to be serving Sunday roasts …..   long story short - the chicken mushrooms and asparagus are now featuring as today’s special ☺️

£300/£130
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 April at 7:57PM
    Options
    @Islandmaid the parkin turned out really well.
    My dad got a food pack of parkin, sausage rolls, quiche, sliced beef and soda bread. 

Made too much cheese sauce yesterday for the cauliflower, so the leftover broccoli and excess cheese sauce went to make a macaroni cheese. I had that for dinner tonight with salad.
    Others had salad, coleslaw, yesterday's leftover baby potatoes, made into wedges and some spicy breaded chicken.
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    wumph said:
    I am having fish and chips in the air fryer tonight but does anyone know if it is possible to make the dry part of pastry in a blender, not got a food processor now.

I am 60, so the Doc sent me for blood tests and I must now try to eat healthier.
    But I am struggling to know what meals are healthy. The super cheap Asda spagbol shows all green health icons.
    I am trying to reduce my carbs and sugar, so bought 3 ready meals for £7.50
    The traffic light system on the front of the food packs doesn't even mention carbs.
    I will start off with an Asda £2.50 salad tomorrow.
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    Doing a meatball traybake here, HM meatballs in thick tomato and garlic sauce with mozzarella and grated cheddar over the top. Garlic bread for him.

@JIL hubby says do you deliver? 🤣 I haven’t got dark treacle for Parkin , but have promised him a Jamaican style ginger cake 😊

@sevenhills I’m not advocating anything, but do eat Keto (lowcarb) most of the time, I can recommend this very friendly uk based group, I don’t profit at all from this recommendation and admin please feel free to tell me to remove the link if it’s not appropriate, https://www.ketofitnessclub.com/ they have a whole host of advice and support.

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,414 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Greek night tonight.  Lamb chops, pitta, humous, etc etc.  Really looking forward to it!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • lickylonglips
    lickylonglips Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a mixed bean soup made with dried kidney beans, white beans, yellow split peas, chick peas, carrots, potato, sweet potato, onion, celery, vegetable stock, garlic, chilli flakes, tinned tomatoes and dried pasta
  • bluennoclue
    bluennoclue Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Brie said:
    Greek night tonight.  Lamb chops, pitta, humous, etc etc.  Really looking forward to it!!!
    I could have a Greek night every night! Along with my favorite dessert - orange pie. Unfortunately, some annoying weight-related numbers remind me I shouldn't. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback