PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Chicken wrap with guacamole 
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Chicken saag tonight, will make double and freeze some for another day, naan bread for him, on its own for me 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,131 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Left over pork loin roast tonight.  We've got bake at home half baguettes but also a variety of potato things in the freezer so not sure what the end result will be.  Last night's courgettes were lovely though - just julliened and fried with a couple of chopped mushrooms in butter.  And then left in the oven with the other stuff while waiting for everything to be all ready.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I made a roast chicken dinner yesterday.
    Today we had salad, the remaining potatoes cubed and cooked in the actifry and omelette (chicken from yesterday and chorizo)
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    Greek style lamb with Greek salad and a few new potatoes for him

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Options
    got ourselves one of those indian dinners in a box with an extra pot of tarka dhal (which always makes me think it might be a bit of otter....)
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Islandmaid
    Options
     Making summer rolls and satay dipping sauce, using bean sprouts rather than rice noodles as they are wrapped in rice paper and I’m not double carbing. I would normally have lettuce wraps but got shredded lettuce substituted in shopping this week 🤷‍♀️

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Options
    fish and chips tonight.  OH will be adding a very healthy well buttered slice of white bread to his meal.  And I'll be adding a bit of salad.  We have a nice selection of yoghurt pots in the fridge for afters and I've also got some lemon cheesecake pots as well.  
  • wumph
    wumph Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am having fish and chips in the air fryer tonight but does anyone know if it is possible to make the dry part of pastry in a blender, not got a food processor now.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have made fish pie, for two. Easy peasy. I just used a fish pie mix, 50% off at m and s. A sachet of Schwartz fish sauce with white wine mix and topped with a couple of jacket potatoes half cooked in microwave and sliced. Baked for 45 mins. 
    Served with samphire and mixed greens also reduced. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback