PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bacon and lemon thyme risotto tonight 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Waiting for OH to decide about dinner but I'm hoping for some chicken that can go on the bbq.  Or some of that muntjac steak that @Frith had as that looked lush.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We were watching Hudson and Rex on my new laptop and couldn't be bothered to cook so grissini, seafood sticks, houmous, guacamole and salted popcorn. 
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    Out for lunch with DD and SiL we’re taking frank out for a beach walk beforehand, not long before the dogs on beach restrictions come in - ironic that many tourists leave far more mess on the beach than a dog ever could…… 

£300/£130
  • mumf
    mumf Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Corned beef hash ( with lots of carrots and peas) separate Brussels,gravy and a Yorkshire pudding. 
  • Brie
    Options
    OH bought a pie of some sort that he's said will be dinner tonight.  Thought after I'd dumped the rest of his breakfast beans in the bin that he likes beans with his pies.  Oh well.  Will have to be broccoli or something instead.

Pleased to see as well that he's rebalanced the bbq so I'll be able to plan on using that more regularly.  It sits in front of the side gate to the garden and had to be moved so someone could get out and in with sofas a few weeks back.  The patio is a bit wonky so he's placed a couple of tiles under the front legs to make it level.  It's a great thing to have in front of the gate - several months back someone had tried to get in that way during the night.  Managed somehow to undo the latch (nearly rusted shut) but couldn't push the bbq out of the way fortunately.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I fished a small pork loin joint, a small gammon joint and a chicken breast joint out of the freezer. So they were all cooked today. They have been there too long and want to be more organised.

Peeled and chopped veg from the bottom of the fridge and made root mash and a big pan of soup. (Lentils, pearlbarley and split peas)

Cooked an old cabbage, some cauliflower and broccoli.
    Made mashed potatoes and roast potatoes.

Plated up 4 meals for the inlaws, and husband had a roast dinner.

Theres enough meat for sandwiches and tomorrow nights salad, plus some to add to my vege soup for the meat eaters. 

Ive just have soup today with cheese on toast, because that's what I fancied.

• Brie
    Options
    JIL said:
    I fished a small pork loin joint, a small gammon joint and a chicken breast joint out of the freezer. So they were all cooked today. They have been there too long and want to be more organised.

I know what you mean of course but it makes me smile to thing that it's the 3 joints that want to be more organised.  Like as if they're joining the "joint union" or something (would that make them joiners???)....   

Sorry - we all do this, me especially, but it makes me giggle a bit!
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No apology needed @Brie
    I missed out that I wanted to be more organised lol.

Anyways the soup was very nice.
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    M&S Lobster bisque which was YS with garlic croutons 

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills