PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Shepherds pie made from LO lamb from Easter, mine without potato but will add some grated cheese 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,331 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Bockwurst in buns tonight.  Well OH told me he had sausages and could I get some soft rolls or buns.  So I got some scotch rolls but also picked up a bake your own baguette pack.  Apparently he meant I should buy hotdog buns - wish he'd actually said that.  I can't see what the big difference is.   I'll happily have one cut in half in a soft roll.  Won't eat more than 2 especially as there's some coleslaw to go with.  He did say (grumble, grumble) he'd have to go to the shop (grumble, grumble) and buy some proper rolls (grumble, grumble).  But I think he'll just go grumble, grumble,  grumble, grumble and eat what's available.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Andyjflet
    Andyjflet Posts: 564 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Broccoli Pasta tonight.

Rigatoni, then add to it, tenderstem Broccoli, Cream cheese and Pesto with diced bacon, its lovely, great cheese on the top at the end. 
    Baby Step 6/7 - £64000 saved for emergency fund DEBT FREE !!!
    Currently Negotiating with HMRC !
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 1 May at 9:04PM
    Options
    @sevenhills if you look at carbs on the back of the pack nutrition label 5g per 100g is low carb. 

Husband picked up gluten-free Dr Oetker gluten free Mozzarella pizza from Sainsbury's. We think that's the best that we have tried.

Looked at video from local fishmonger and they have wild caught sea bass, rascasse, plaice, dabs and huss. Sending husband to buy fish 🐟 on Saturday 😁
  • kempiejon
    kempiejon Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    veggie pasta Bolognese tonight. Made a batch of the sauce yesterday with yellow sticker mushrooms, courgettes and frozen veggie mince. Will probably spin it into a chilli for tomorrow
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Leftovers tonight 🙌

@MrsStepford love this time of year when the sea if full of goodies, can’t wait for Sea bass or Mackerel on the BBQ 🤩
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,331 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    tortellini tonight.  OH keeps suggesting pasta with pesto which is fine but gets boring and I wanted something different.  these are the spinach and ricotta ones.  so just that and finished with a bit of olive oil and butter.  And there are merengues and berries for afters.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,186 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Cheese, onion and potato pie. Bit of salad. Roast garlic. 

• MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Husband has gone to get gluten free pitta for himself from Tesco plus hummus and tzatziki, then will go to kebab shop for shish with their pitta for me plus whatever he wants to go in the gluten free pitta, plus salad for both of us to go with the hummus and tzatziki. 

Then we will watch more of Clarkson's Farm. 😀
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had takeaway fish and chips with my dad at lunchtime, but I admit to giving most of the fish to the dog.  

At dinner time I had a portion of pasta, with tomato and mascarpone sauce.
    Husband had actifry fish and chips, which looked better than the takeaway I had earlier.

Today I'm doing greek lamb kebab, falafel, pitta and greek salad and houmous. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback