PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy birthday Islandlad!!

We were booked for the Nepalese restaurant on board this evening but OH was ill after the last visit there so we've cancelled. Don't think it has to do with the food served particularly but when you're at sea it's not a fun thing.  So we'll be in the normal dining room today which means formal attire ( not something I do well as compared to him indoors).  But the food will be good.  Haven't checked the specials yet but last night they had veal liver which was done perfectly, just pink, with mash and roasted red onion as well as a bit of streaky bacon.  Annoyed OH yet again by having the cheese for afters but stating no grapes, chutney or biscuits but an apple instead.  They obliged and had even peeled and sliced it for me!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    @Brie I am definitely loving hearing about your cruise, I have always wanted to go on a cruise and see the northern lights. Put off a bit by the dressing up though.

Today's  fish and chips were excellent. Then for my tea, I had two slices of sourdough toast with mashed avocado and a hard boiled egg, sliced on top.  Really enjoyed it.
  • mumf
    mumf Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Last night was one of my favourite; cauliflower cheese,a little mash spud, carrots and sausage. With a little of my favourite mustard. Lovely! 
       Tonight we will treat ourselves and have a takeaway curry. One good thing,besides being lovely,is there’s always enough to freeze and have another feed! 
  • Brie
    Options
    Supper club dining room tonight on board which will likely mean I'll have the rack of lamb.  Last visit there OH had a honking big tbone!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 31 March at 1:32AM
    Options
    Omelettes for supper.. I had wild smoked salmon & organic beetroot, OH had wild caught prawns and odds and ends of cheeses. I think we have either rare breed pork chops for supper on Sunday or rainbow trout fillets. 
  • mumf
    mumf Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A traditional Sunday dinner today. We picked up a nice little joint of lamb for two,we have spuds and carrots to use up,and I grow a gorgeous perennial kale in our garden - so some of that too. Perhaps a Yorkshire pudding too. Lovely. 
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Was a lovely day yesterday and it was warm and sunny 🙌 lots of leftovers so that’s food sorted for the next couple of days, will have some lamb today and use the LO steak and any lamb to mince up for cottage pie. Some scallop and crab to use today too.

We’re away for a few days from Thursday, so 🤞no shopping needed this week 😊
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fabulous to hear about the lovely day yesterday @Islandmaid it's great to celebrate special occasions with those we love most.

Today I have made a roast pork dinner with stuffing and lots of veg.
    I also did a macaroni cheese with broccoli and cauliflower as I made a bigger cheese sauce to use up some milk.

Made some lemon shortbread, sausage rolls and a soda bread.

Inlaws and parents all got some of the above.
  • Brie
    Options
    After eating Stanley Tucci's book taste I'm more inclined to try simple Italian dishes so was pleased to see spaghetti with olive oil listed as a starter tonight.  It was most excellent.  Insisted OH have some and he's vowed to make it when we get home. Also the ciopino (fish stew) which was also very good.
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Deliveroo did the heavy lifting.  Three kinds of houmous,  guacamole, grapes, couscous salad, tzatziki, seafood  sticks, sliced chorizo, topside of beef slices. We had GF pitta bread,, watermelon chunks, pineapple  chunks and olives already.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback