PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Manic day today so easy chicken burgers, mine on linseed flour roll 👍
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I made bolognese yesterday which we had over spaghetti for dinner last night, and there’s enough left over to use as a topping for baked potatoes tonight. 
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,056 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Nordic buffet tonight as we head for Tromsø.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sainsbury's organic chicken thighs with chargrilled Mediterranean vegetables. Don't know if these were Sainsbury's or Iceland but there was a definite aniseed flavour. Methinks Sainsbury's might have changed their organic chicken supplier as these were juicy and tender. 
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    It’s OH’s 60th today, few things planned for him including a meal out at his favourite restaurant.  Partying over the long weekend with friends and family 🥳🍾

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Mister Islandmaid!

I'm still valiantly trying to run down one of the freezers so I can get it defrosted, so have taken out an unlabelled tub for tonight's dinner. I think it may be chicken curry, but am not entirely sure. 
  • MrsStepford
    Options
    Husband made konjac fettucine with tomato and basil sauce with lots of fresh basil and parsley plus a bag of seafood selection from ASDA and lots of grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Simple and tasty 
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    We had a lovely day yesterday, started with a long Thai massage, then, accompanied by Frank, went for a late lunch of various seafood tapas and a main of surf and turf, lobster and steak with a very nice bottle of wine, no room for pud…

Fridge is bursting with goodies, just went to our local fab greengrocer and grabbed padron peppers, local watercress and rocket and the longest, fattest French radish I’ve ever seen, French as in the type of radish, they are also grown locally. Along with IOW tomatoes, this is for tomorrow’s birthday BBQ, lots of seafood, scallops, crab, huge langoustine, a 2kg steak, a boned leg of lamb plus various veg burgers and sausages for the vegans (separate bbq) in all a huge spread, and no, not cheap, but for around 20 of us it will be a lot cheaper than a meal out, especially as it’s Easter 

off to make basque burnt cheesecake, brownies as well as hummus’s, salsa and vegan ranch dressing

£300/£130
  • MrsStepford
    Options
    Sounds luscious @Islandmaid and Happy 60th Birthday Mr Islandmaid !
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    @Islandmaid you have me drooling and now reminiscing of the wonderful  holiday in the isle of wight, last year.  

I'm off out to lunch with my dad today. Fish and chips. Will just have a sandwich at dinner time. Husband and daughter can sort themselves, it's a bank holiday so I'm resting 😀
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback