PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,982 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    pies.  OH has snake and pygmy and I have some sort of middle eastern lamb with chick peas.  should be interesting!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • arielgirl
    arielgirl Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Mash, Brocolli and gravy ...
    ... Last night with chicken 
    ... Tonight with sausages

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I made a simple salad of chopped avocado, chopped tomatoes, cucumber and red onion. With omelette and home made actifry chips. It was delicious.
  • suzeesu2000
    suzeesu2000 Posts: 854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Yesterday was a full roast: stuffed pork loin, roast potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, Yorkshire puds, gravy.
    today we went a bit lighter with chicken and sweetcorn soup. DH had B&B with his and a cheese twist plus an iced ring donut for pud. I just had the soup.
    Tomorrow will be some sort of cooked chicken, may do with a cheese crust - maybe like a chicken Parmesan.
    Saving 1 animal wont change the world - but it will change the world for that 1 animal

Weight loss challenge 2024 - 1st quarter goal = 15/24lbs
    Pantry challenge 2024
    24 for 2024 challenge
    Prepping….the new world
    Make do, mend, minimise
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I picked up a couple of packs of these Bosh! red pepper and spelt burger mixes free from the Community Fridge the other day, so we'll be having one of those.
    Bosh Red Pepper Spelt Burger Mix 120g

I've had these before and they are quite good. This time I will be adding some coarsely grated carrot and courgette to the mix, then making them into falafel sized balls instead of burgers. I'll air fry them and serve them in pitta bread pockets stuffed with salad.  Absolutely all the ingredients were from the Fridge, so a free supper for us :)
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Horrible day today, dental crown and minor surgery on a lip mole 😭 
    I have lobster bisque for dinner, he can have jacket potato with tuna mayo and salad. 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Oh that sounds unpleasant @Islandmaid - I hope it is not as bad as you fear. You'll probably manage okay on a liquid dinner, but I suggest gin and tonics rather than soup :)
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,982 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    @Islandmaid
    sounds like the lobster bisque is exactly what's required on a day like today!!

I think it's breaded fish.  Not sure if he's planning on chips with it or not - there was talk of spinach.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 February at 8:42PM
    I had a huge bag of spinach and as I was opening it a spanish bus ticket fell out!!
    Anyway I washed it and it went into a broccoli and courgette stirfry, which went with baby potatoes, chicken, Yorkshire pudding and stuffing. It was a nice dinner after a long day.

Passing on my best wishes @Islandmaid.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Tooth fine today, lip a bit sore still.  

Sweet n sour chicken tonight - going back to low carb next week, so making the most of this week 😝
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport