PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Tonight is something and mash as that is what I got out of the freezer.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    He Who Knows is under the weather today, think he's picked up a fluey type virus so I'll make cauliflower and stilton soup for lunch, that will cheer him up and supper this evening will involve some of a pack of cooking bacon that needs using up so it might be a bacon hot pot given the crazy weather as it's absolutely freezing here today, after yesterdays lovely warm sun it's no wonder these germs take hold is it?
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Todays lunch will be the LO shepherds pie from last night with green beans & peas.

Dinner tonight will be Hairy Bikers braised steak and onions; with mash & veg, probably broccoli & cauliflower.

Denise
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    that sounds delicious - must do that one night:p
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I made a pie out of some very old (BB2013 or 2015 I think :o) condensed chicken soup, some bits of chicken from the one I roasted the other night out of the freezer, a tin of mushrooms and some herbs. Defrosted some puff pastry that's also been in the freezer since 2015 apparently :eek: Well the pie was delicious, filling was a bit watery (lesson learned) but as I had it with mash and peas it worked well instead of gravy.

OH had mash (which was also from the freezer) with quorn sausages and beans.

There's half the pie left (would've been more had I not gone back for seconds) :o So might have that tomorrow with something. No idea what yet as I still haven't been shopping.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I had an aubergine to use up so cooked up some mince, onions, tomatoes, garlic & herbs then added the aubergines I'd cooked in the wok in olive oil.
    I'll serve it with sliced potatoes cooked in the oven with vegetable stock.
    Sort of like a Greek-ish cottage pie with hotpot topping. :D
  • Pegasus47
    Options
    Corned Beef you think hash or chilli right? No how about:
    1) Beef Wellington.
    Roll out short crust pastry. Lay on slices of tinned corned beef. Roll up and roast - yum yum.
    2) Corned Beef Scouse or Stovie.
    It's a stew. Chop veggies and slow cook in Oxo or Marmite. Cub tined corned beef and add for last 30 mins - yum yum.
    3) Lasagna.
    Normal recipe but instead of mince layers put in sliced corned beef layers along with either a squeeze of tomato puree (OK) or mustard (honestly nice) - yum yum.
    4) Meat balls with whatever you want.
    Mash corned beef and add egg. Roll into balls then fry or roast. Can add onions, garlic, chilli or anything else that grabs your fancy (Worcestershire sauce is good) - yum yum.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Flat mushroom stuffed with sausagemeat, shallot, tomato and garlic, topped with streaky bacon; sweet potato wedges and spinach
  • Dogcat
    Dogcat Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Chicken, cheese and mushroom omelettes...made from left over chicken from last night...was yummy....and very quick to make.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 3 May 2018 at 8:45AM
    Options
    Good old Cottage Pie here, as requested by DS ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport