PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm just making a raspberry trifle. I can't remember the last time I made jelly, must be over 40 years ago (am I really that old?). I had some leftover sponge fingers from a dessert I made a couple of weeks ago when we had visitors, plus a jar of Boozy Berries which we were given for Christmas. My goodness do they live up to their name, they're soaked in gin. I'm just waiting for the jelly to set. Of course I just have to keep checking the Extra Thick Double Cream is OK....... hope the jelly hurries up and sets soon or there may be none left......
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,114 Forumite
    Options
    Minced lamb, aubergine & spinach curry with flatbread.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,595 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We had Basque fish stew with rice tonight. Was a new recipe which I will certainly make again.

Denise
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We are going to make the most of this lovely weather and off to the mainland later today for a few drinks and some tapas at one of our favourite spots, we can pretend we are back in Cadiz ....
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    We went to friends last night for a couple of drinks and some munchies, was very nice, although gone are the days where we'd roll home in the wee small hours...11pm and we were home in our pjs. T'was lovely to catch up though.

Not sure what today will be, I sense poss something picky as we're just planning a chilled out day.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dug out a chicken breast wrapped in bacon this will be for dinner with salad and new potatoes, mango sorbet and a few diced grapes for pudding.I am also going to make a few apple and cinnamon muffins later to have over the weekend as I have some apples that are getting a bit wrinkly,use them up rather than bin them I think
  • caronc
    Options
    Gammon steak, roasted cherry toms, pink onion & flat mushroom with cheese & onion potato croquettes.
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    roasted cherry toms, pink onion & flat mushroom.

Were they from pick of the week by any chance? :D
    JAN NSD 11/16

• caronc
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Were they from pick of the week by any chance? :D
    No they weren't but must be on SO across the SMs:rotfl::rotfl:
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    No they weren't but must be on SO across the SMs:rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl: must be. I grabbed some POTW cherry tomatoes in lidl today. They've refitted our local store which totally threw me, they have taller style freezers and chillers now, which I don't really like as they make the place feel claustrophobic, and moved the fruit and veg to the front of the store like a traditional supermarket. Problem is that's the section that's always a bottleneck so putting it at the front of the store doesn't really seem wise. I guess time will tell.

Anyway, finally stocked up in lidl, Iceland and sainsbobs today, spent about £90 in all :T but the cupboards and fridge / freezer really were bare so we're well stocked now for the foreseeable.

Tonight's dinner was cold chicken and mushroom pie from the other night (sounds grim but is actually really nice cold) with peas. OH had pasta.
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport