What are you making for dinner?

edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10.3K replies 630.5K views

Replies

• goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    My test results came back negative this am which cheered me up no end so I went out for a walk and then popped to the corner shop. Interestingly although I feel fine and my arm has stopped being sore I still have almost no appetite and have had to keep hoicking my trousers up all day today. I think maybe Mr Javid would find this a useful piece of information so if you start hearing about how having the Booster is good for weight loss you know who to blame!

I'm having mixed nuts and raisins with a coffee in an effort to stimulate the old taste buds.

Sorry to hear you've joined us old lags in the sick bay @JIL, hopefully you'll be over the worst by tomorrow evening.
    @Brie - you are quite right about kale and its evil nature. 

Air
    , n. A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the fattening of the poor. 

from The Devil's Dictionary
    by Ambrose Bierce
  • JILJIL Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was over the worst today, thankyou @goldfinches it really took me by surprise, no issues at all with the first two jabs, but this one wiped me out. I was so cold in bed, but didnt even have the energy to go and get a blanket from a cupboard. Hope you are much improved.  Although I think Kale helped it was in my homemade minestrone soup.
    Also made on Sunday 
    I went to work (did an lft to be sure) and that means I cook when I come home. We had pies, quorn and mushrooms for me and daughter and steak for husband. Bases premade and frozen, fresh pastry on top. With cauliflower, green beans and peas.
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chicken tagine, to use up the fridge gravel - roasted med veg cous cous for them 👍
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something simple for us tonight as we have workmen here all day laying new flooring and it's a bit chaotic. So .... bangers and mash it is!
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    C_J said:
    Something simple for us tonight as we have workmen here all day laying new flooring and it's a bit chaotic. So .... bangers and mash it is!
    And what are the workmen having????

"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of roast veg today (with some for another day) - potatoes, carrots, parsnips, courgette plus fishcakes.

Despite fussing around with salt, herbs and maple syrup, the parsnips were really disappointing! 
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pasta with some butternut squash, sage and parmesan sauce (bought, wouldn't buy again) with some balsamic mushrooms and tomatoes,  plus a couple of chopped ikea veggie sausages and a warmed baguette with garlic butter.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    @JIL - glad to hear you're feeling better.

I'm having a treat salad (supergreen) I bought from M*rks earlier today with a baked potato followed by coffee.

Air
    , n. A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the fattening of the poor. 

from The Devil's Dictionary
    by Ambrose Bierce
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brie said:

And what are the workmen having????

That’s almost the truth - they didn’t leave until 6.30pm tonight, and one of them did ask “what are you cooking us for dinner?!”  

• sarahj1986sarahj1986 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Busy few days here. 6th and 8th both bank holidays. We kept our daughter off nursery on 7th so we could take her into Palma for the Christmas lights. 

Big shop due tomorrow 

tonight chicken wings, homemade chips and peas 
    :money::rotfl::T