What are you making for dinner?

edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10.3K replies 630.7K views

Replies

• JILJIL Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to make an all in one dish I saw on Instagram with roasted, potatoes, parsnips, carrot, onions and herbs. Ten minutes before the end stir kale into it.
    It was all going well, until when adding the kale I burned my hand. Then there was a hunt for savlon.

The kale ended up so crispy it was more like powder.  It was nice enough, husband had chicken I had vege sausages.

• kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch @JIL hope your hand isn't too painful.

Left over Chinese tonight. Still enough for another meal too.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• BrieBrie Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    @JIL
    your accident supports my theory that kale is evil and should be avoided at all costs!  No doubt savlon is the best thing but when in doubt in the kitchen you can always use butter!  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roasted Chicken breasts with mash and the leftover veg from yesterday today
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Left over pork roast in buns for dinner.....I might go out and buy the paninis from Tesco as I would prefer those to the crusty rolls the OH likes.  And I could then use one for some lunch for work tomorrow as well. (though the staff restaurant menu says they're doing grilled cheese sandwiches for £2 which would be nice too)
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm making a cottage pie for tonight - and I'm adding so many diced vegetables that I think they may overwhelm the meat content!  I've cleared the veg box though, which is good.
  • JILJIL Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hand isnt too bad, however I had my booster yesterday and I'm now really feeling sorry for myself.
    I was fine until I woke up in the night shivering. I have slept all day, no appetite and no energy. It shouldn't last too long and it's got to be done.

Husband also had his booster, he doesn't seem to have any side effects so he cooked. We had jacket potatoes, with a choice of chilli or cheese and beans.  
    10.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out out for some posh nosh tonight. Beautifully festive restaurant in a beautifully decorated village. Was really busy, think everyone is out making up for last year and also getting out early for meet ups after getting caught out last year too.
    Hadca wonderful evening,  I should prob remove the batteries from the scales until after xmas.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• SoundgirlrocksSoundgirlrocks Forumite
    712 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Another bad birthday weekend with lots of eating out and drinks as Stepmum was down to the big smoke for a visit. Last night was bottom of the fridge veg roasted up with chickpeas and hallumi, tonight teriyaki salmon with courgettes. Thankfully I don't seem to have done too much damage to the diet, but need to stay focused Xmas work do looms followed by visiting family and then the big event.
    10.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last of the LO Chinese from Sat. Beef satay and egg fried rice with a few prawn crackers.

Picked up our xmas dinner today so that's now in the freezer. Couple of minor bits to pick up but largely all sorted 
    JAN NSD 11/16