What are you making for dinner?

edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10.3K replies 630.7K views

Replies

• IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prawn linguine for the family, sirloin steak for me 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I've been awol for so long, haven't felt well due to the cold weather, then had my booster and was subsequently pinged by T'n'T because someone who got jabbed at the same time as me came down with the lurgy the following day. Just to put the icing on my particular cake our horrible neighbour's visitors woke all four of the nearby households at 4am this morning with an extremely loud disagreement that degenerated into a full blown quarrel conducted at mega volume! May I be excused for feeling rather limp please?

Anyhow, made myself a salad from the bottom of the fridge in order to use up the last of the fresh stuff before it went over and followed it with a finger of mature cheddar and a hot coffee. I am persuaded that the vitamins from the veg and dressing are helping me to feel more like tackling life when tomorrow heaves over the horizon. 

Air
    , n. A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the fattening of the poor. 

from The Devil's Dictionary
    by Ambrose Bierce
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    @goldfinches
    hope you're feeling a tad more lively today and there were less bargy in the wee hours.  And hope you continue to evade the lurgy.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    @Brie - thanks for the good wishes, so far so good but I still have my fingers crossed.

I'm planning to have devilled mushrooms on mini pita breads from the freezer followed by an orange and coffee.

Air
    , n. A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the fattening of the poor. 

from The Devil's Dictionary
    by Ambrose Bierce
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big broccoli and pasta cheese tonight with bacon bits and sliced mushrooms.

• edited 4 December 2021 at 7:14PM
    JILJIL Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 December 2021 at 7:14PM
    We had curry, I had a ready meal of saag paneer from sainsbury's which is my favourite. Husband had home made chicken Balti. With rice and poppadoms.

Hope you are on the mend @goldfinches x
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    i ended up buying some honking big scallops most with roe attached and so OH did them seared with shallots, bacon and mini prawns finished in white vermouth and cream and served on rice.  There were some comments about how few scallops....but there were 3 each and they were nearly 2 ounces each so no issue. 

Sloping off to bed now that the wine is gone and I've had my sleepy time tea.....yawn!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bestie staying over tonight so the three of us got a Chinese takeaway in. Haven't had one for ages. Totally hit the spot.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    We went out to a local, traditional Italian with friends last night, I had smoked salmon and avocado salad to start, then flambé (at the table) steak with brandy and mushrooms for a main, with a side salad 🥰 it was very ‘Abigail’s Party’ and wonderful 🙂

Roast beef and all the trimmings here today, no spuds for me but I have arrowroot Yorkshire’s 😜 more low carb than Keto, but SO excited 😆 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    @Islandmaid
    Hah!  Abigail's Party!!  That's something I have a real love/hate with.  An excellent slice of a time but it does make me cringe! (but I suppose it's meant to) One of the mirrors I hold up when I know I'm not behaving nicely with the OH!!   But I do do do love a good trad Italian place.  Especially if they have whitebait!  Our local pizza delivery place does them but it just seems wrong to have them delivered for some reason.  (excellent pizzas though so they'd prob be great - we keep saying we must actually go to them for dinner some time.)

Lovely rolled shoulder of pork tonight.  OH offered to do them and some rolls so we could just have sandwiches but I voted for the proper dinner.  Roasties (limited in number but that's fine as long as he has some) and peas.  I have some rocket and tomatoes so might do a bit of salad as well.  Or just have the rocket on the plate under the pork - it's such a nice way to eat it I find.