PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tonight I am making some puff pastry tarts - squares of puff pastry, topped with a dollop of cream cheese, some sliced and sauteed red onion, a few fresh herbs and some slices of variously-coloured tomatoes (the very last of the home grown heritage ones), baked for 25 mins. Will serve with a simple green salad.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pie and mash for the family, steak and mushrooms for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Soundgirlrocks
    Options
    Frozen spag bol with courgettie for me and pasta for OH, trying to undo the damage from having my birthday weekend at mums! 
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Spanish chicken for me, shepherd's pie for son2. These were just from the freezer after some batch cooking a week or 2 back. With carrot and one remaining leek!
  • C_J
    Options
    I have some frozen white fish fillets - basa, I think - which I am going to coat in panko breadcrumbs and pan fry, and serve with sauteed chunks of parboiled new potatoes (also from the freezer) with added garlic.  A tiny bit more space cleared in one freezer drawer, hurrah!
  • Soundgirlrocks
    Soundgirlrocks Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 December 2021 at 12:46PM
    Options
    Frozen spag bol with courgettie for me and pasta for OH, trying to undo the damage from having my birthday weekend at mums! 
    Frozen spag bol turned out to be frozen Lamb Jalfrazi! Luckly had some green peppers and onion in to make the crunch veg element of the jalfrazi and had naan bread in the freezer

Out tonight with best friend for more birthday celebration but will be quite a tame affair, sticking to diet coke!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Dinner was nice last night but they had a trainee chef in and it took nearly an hour for our starters to appear (being told 5mins before it did 'it will be with you soon') and another table had issues (which I think was the cause of our starter delay). There was only us, that table and one other dining too so no as if it was exactly busy. 
    Not really sure if it was unusual staffing issues, or staffing inexperience but it was a shame as it didn't encourage us to want to return soon. It wasn't a cheap bite out either.

Tonight will be fridge forage, think there's a portion of pasta to use up and might try and remember the bread this time. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C_J
    Options
    I'd be tempted to email the manager about that, @kerri_gt!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aww Kerrie, I agree with C_J maybe a quick email saying although the good was good, the long wait makes you reluctant to return, they may offer you a bit of a discount to encourage you back x

Im making the meal I was supposed to cook Sunday, roast lamb with a red wine gravy, dauphinois celeriac and spiced red cabbage. Bit of a faff for a Wednesday, but it’s smelling good 😉
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    @C_J @Islandmaid I did think about dropping them an email. I had a quick look on TripAdvisor and there have been a couple of negative reviews of late. That said there's also been some really good ones. It's all so subjective. I heard the table that had the issue mention one of them was vegetarian so not sure if something had been served incorrectly with meat or if they were asking what something was cooked in but rather worrying if they served a veggie meat. Whilst that isn't a life and death scenario, it could be really serious if the same thing happened with an allergy sufferer.

Dinner tonight was the other portion of pasta, and I did remember to bake the baguette from the freezer and spread that with somr garlic butter.

Think i have enough room for xmas dinner now but would be good to clear a few more random items out whilst I can still partly see into it.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport