What are you making for dinner?

edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10.3K replies 630.5K views

Replies

• JILJIL Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are having jacket potatoes with winter salad, prawns and leftover gammon from yesterday.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn’t post yesterday we had such a busy day. We ate stew for dinner which I did in the slow cooker

Tonight I’m doing a roast chicken dinner. Roast potatoes, roast butternut squash, carrots, peas, leeks, gravy and I’ll have cranberry sauce with mine.
    :money::rotfl::T
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday was pasta LO from the other night, reheated. Meant to do a warmed baguette with garlic butter too but forgot about it until I sat down to eat.

Out for dinner tonight - in fact I think I have at least one meal out a week booked between now and Xmas  :)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight I am making some puff pastry tarts - squares of puff pastry, topped with a dollop of cream cheese, some sliced and sauteed red onion, a few fresh herbs and some slices of variously-coloured tomatoes (the very last of the home grown heritage ones), baked for 25 mins. Will serve with a simple green salad.
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pie and mash for the family, steak and mushrooms for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • SoundgirlrocksSoundgirlrocks Forumite
    712 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Frozen spag bol with courgettie for me and pasta for OH, trying to undo the damage from having my birthday weekend at mums! 
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spanish chicken for me, shepherd's pie for son2. These were just from the freezer after some batch cooking a week or 2 back. With carrot and one remaining leek!
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have some frozen white fish fillets - basa, I think - which I am going to coat in panko breadcrumbs and pan fry, and serve with sauteed chunks of parboiled new potatoes (also from the freezer) with added garlic.  A tiny bit more space cleared in one freezer drawer, hurrah!
  • edited 1 December 2021 at 11:46AM
    SoundgirlrocksSoundgirlrocks Forumite
    712 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 1 December 2021 at 11:46AM
    Frozen spag bol with courgettie for me and pasta for OH, trying to undo the damage from having my birthday weekend at mums! 
    Frozen spag bol turned out to be frozen Lamb Jalfrazi! Luckly had some green peppers and onion in to make the crunch veg element of the jalfrazi and had naan bread in the freezer

Out tonight with best friend for more birthday celebration but will be quite a tame affair, sticking to diet coke!
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dinner was nice last night but they had a trainee chef in and it took nearly an hour for our starters to appear (being told 5mins before it did 'it will be with you soon') and another table had issues (which I think was the cause of our starter delay). There was only us, that table and one other dining too so no as if it was exactly busy. 
    Not really sure if it was unusual staffing issues, or staffing inexperience but it was a shame as it didn't encourage us to want to return soon. It wasn't a cheap bite out either.

Tonight will be fridge forage, think there's a portion of pasta to use up and might try and remember the bread this time. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16